Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 1:17:29 PM EDT
I grew up in MA, left because of the Navy. Never thought I'd miss the state, but it really does have a lot to offer. Lots of things to do, lots of history, beautiful scenery, and I've loved Boston since I was a kid. Unfortunately the state is controlled by goons and there are too many liberals. If MA was a red state, I'd considering moving back. Oh yeah, and if the RKBA wasn't so heavily restricted.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:14:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 2:15:16 PM EDT by J_Smith]
Have you lost your MIND!! .........I have been stationed in Mass since early 2003 and I will never regret the long commute I take to drive from New Hampshire to Boston. I grew up in Maine so I'm partial to Maine but still would leave New England in a heartbeat if the antigun and liberal nonsense spreads.......I lived in Plymouth, MA for a year and also on upper Cape Cod for 1/2 a year. A lot of good people in Mass. but the liberals have some form of rabies......They things I have had said to me by Mass liberals would get their teeth knocked out anywhere else. Anyways.....aside from some scenery and history I can't think of anything good modern day Mass. has to offer....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:22:42 PM EDT
Did you forget how to read? I said if it was a red state and the RKBA wasn't restricted.

In other words, fantasy land.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:22:53 PM EDT
I moved out almost seven years ago and would never move back. Even if they changed it to a gun friendly paradise. Most of the people are just weird, Liberalism is bread in. To congested. Have you ever been to Cambridge? I'm not insulting anyone on this board, because I know if you are on the AR site and live in Mass then your trapped and can't get out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:19:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John40mm:
I moved out almost seven years ago and would never move back. Even if they changed it to a gun friendly paradise. Most of the people are just weird, Liberalism is bread in. To congested. Have you ever been to Cambridge? I'm not insulting anyone on this board, because I know if you are on the AR site and live in Mass then your trapped and can't get out.

Yes, been to Cambridge plenty of times.

I grew up in Pembroke, nice town.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:29:17 AM EDT
I also grew up in Pembroke then joined the Army and now live in Maine. I understand the missing aspect. I went down to visit some friends the other weekend which brought back alot of memories but could not wait to get back up north. I pray that someday maybe people will smarten up but I know thats just a dream that will probably never come true. Oh well, i'll just visit every once and a while to remind me why I left. I cant believe how much it has changed just since I was youg, its crazy now how much it has become a real peoples republic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:14:53 AM EDT
I can understand how one might miss the rich historical nature of the state. It's a poignant irony that Mass is the birthplace of the American Revolution.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:59:56 PM EDT
My family and I visit friends in the MA North West Berkshires a couple of times a year. Beautiful, beautiful countryside and I would move there in a minute if the rest of the state wasn't so scewed up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2005 6:43:46 PM EDT by RogerBall]
I DON'T miss Ma.
Every time i go there they charge me for something. Taxes out the wazzou.
I got spoiled by moving north. Now when i go to buy something in Ma, i think, "Hmm, if i buy this at home it will cost FIVE PERCENT LESS".

That right there is motivation enough.

ETA: i grew up in Franklin Co. so i didn't see lots of that eastern BS, but that eastern BS still impinges way out here. People try to ignore it but- there it is! I buy a beer in Bernardston, and i still pay for the Big Dig. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:46:20 PM EDT
You think 5% sale's tax is a lot? Never been down to Florida or Mississippi have you?

Yes, I know NH has no sale's tax
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:05:05 AM EDT
NH rocks Full auto, silencers and 10,000 rd mags (if I could find one)
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 5:42:07 PM EDT by RogerBall]
Yes 5% is a lot! too much!
1% is too much! 1x10-9 % is too much!
I mean why? they tax my money when i make it, do they need to tax it when i spend it, too? seriously.
Everytime i go to Pa to hunt its 7%! I looked at the girl as if she was crazy, I'll tell you what. 7%? WTF?

When the tax revolt comes I'll be revolting
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:59:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RogerBall:
Yes 5% is a lot! too much!
1% is too much! 1x10-9 % is too much!
I mean why? they tax my money when i make it, do they need to tax it when i spend it, too? seriously.
Everytime i go to Pa to hunt its 7%! I looked at the girl as if she was crazy, I'll tell you what. 7%? WTF?

When the tax revolt comes I'll be revolting

Personally, I'd take a universal sales tax over income tax anyday, because flat tax would NEVER happen in this country.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:57:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 9:58:45 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
I LOVE MASSACHUSETTS!

Why?

The history.

The landscape.

The freaks!

Never a dull moment here!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:37:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 10:38:01 AM EDT by J_Smith]

Originally Posted By 95thFoot:
I LOVE MASSACHUSETTS!

Why?

The history.

The landscape.

The freaks!

Never a dull moment here!

History? Well..........early American history - that's about it........

Landscape? You mean the Big Dig or do you mean Boston Common with the homeless bums?

Freaks? Well.........my girlfriend IS from Mass.........so some useage of the word *cough* "freak" may be in order.........

The only thing about Mass. I really like is my ability to drive 90mph (in a truck) in the brakedown lane with reckless abandon........I recently got a range membership at Pelham (NH) Fish and Game - for you "northern Massholes" I highly recommend it - good club and its got an Action Range (Practical/IDPA/IPSC) with three pits.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 1:29:23 PM EDT
It's filled with too many Massholes!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:22:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By J_Smith:
Have you lost your MIND!! .........I have been stationed in Mass since early 2003 and I will never regret the long commute I take to drive from New Hampshire to Boston. I grew up in Maine so I'm partial to Maine but still would leave New England in a heartbeat if the antigun and liberal nonsense spreads.......I lived in Plymouth, MA for a year and also on upper Cape Cod for 1/2 a year. A lot of good people in Mass. but the liberals have some form of rabies......They things I have had said to me by Mass liberals would get their teeth knocked out anywhere else. Anyways.....aside from some scenery and history I can't think of anything good modern day Mass. has to offer....

<AHEM!!!!>

Technically, I can't be "up for offer" ...BUT I had to mess with ya!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:15:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:

Originally Posted By J_Smith:

<AHEM!!!!>

Technically, I can't be "up for offer" ...BUT I had to mess with ya!

LOL........funny you say.......my new girlfriend is from Massachusetts so I now have to be careful what I say......I am officially whipped now.......I still couldnt live in Mass. though.
Top Top