Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 9:59:21 AM EDT
After one hell of a detour coming from Arizona I have arrived here in Jacksonville!  Put a house under contract yesterday and am now reconing the area for good gun shops and ranges.  Went to Shooters today, nice folks. I need to pick up a new shotgun before duck season.  Any suggestions for area shops?  Looking for an 870 magnum,  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Jax.  What part of town did you buy in?

Kevin
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
After one hell of a detour coming from Arizona I have arrived here in Jacksonville!  Put a house under contract yesterday and am now reconing the area for good gun shops and ranges.  Went to Shooters today, nice folks. I need to pick up a new shotgun before duck season.  Any suggestions for area shops?  Looking for an 870 magnum,  Thanks.

Shooters is great place. Check out the Gun Gallery off Beach Blvd. St. John's firearms is a real nice shop off 210 and 95 South in St. Johns County.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
We had wanted to buy in the Mandarin area, but nothing in our price range jumped out at us.  We decided on Arglye...I was trying to avoid a big "master planned" community, but the price was a steal and the area seems nice.  

Gun Gallery is on my list of places to visit on Monday.

Thanks for the welcome....glad to be here!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey,

Gateway Rifle and Pistol Club is less than ten miles from your house.  I used to live there and loved it.  15 mins from my dorr to setting up on the range.  The range is off of Noroad off of 103rd.  Go out the back way from Argyle to 103rd.  Make a right, go over the bridge, make quick left onto Noroad.  Go to Lambing and then follow the signs.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I lived in Argyle 10 years ago, how is it now? I'm at UCF now, I'll be up in Jax next month for a flight physical at NAS Jax, i think i'll drive through and see how it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
just curious, I heard that I-10 is closed, just wondered from where to where, how did you have to detour...thanks

I have to drive to Ft Worth next month...just like to plan ahead
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Dicks Sporting goods between southside blvd and gate pkyay  has about the best prices on shotguns I have seen lately.  You can also order just about anything from Wallmart,  They have a catalog if you don't see it in the store.  As far as nice gun shops try Gun Gallery, St.Nicks and Curry Thomas Hardware. Welcome to Jax!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top