Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2006 10:34:25 AM EDT
I purchased a used AR-15 in a person-to-person transaction last Thursday and would like to know if it is necessary in the State of Florida to register it (with either the local authorities or any government agency) or not. My other firearms have always been purchased at gun shops, so they've always filled out the appropriate paperwork at the point of purchase. I have my concealed weapons permit, if that makes any difference.

I always want to do what's within the letter of the lawful, so if registration is something that must be done, I would definitely like to do it. If not, I possess a bill of sale, so if that's all I need, then I guess I'm covered.

Thank you in advance for your time and efforts!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I purchased a used AR-15 in a person-to-person transaction last Thursday and would like to know if it is necessary in the State of Florida to register it (with either the local authorities or any government agency) or not. My other firearms have always been purchased at gun shops, so they've always filled out the appropriate paperwork at the point of purchase. I have my concealed weapons permit, if that makes any difference.

I always want to do what's within the letter of the lawful, so if registration is something that must be done, I would definitely like to do it. If not, I possess a bill of sale, so if that's all I need, then I guess I'm covered.

Nope, don't need to register. Post a pic of your rifle, we want to see it.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I possess a bill of sale, so if that's all I need, then I guess I'm covered.

Youre covered.

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That's great news! I appreciate the feedback, guys. Thank you!!!

MyakkaVice, I took a crappy pic when I brought her home. I'll take a better one soon and post it. In the meantime, this is what she looked like without a bath. She must have been stored out in the open because the dust layer on her was pretty heavy...

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/4559/ar15001fv4.jpg

I'm new to these types of rifles, but I was told in another thread that she was a steal for $500. She got a really good bath yesterday and she looks completely different, like a whole new rifle altogether. Now, I can't wait to get out and fire a few rounds through her!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm new to these types of rifles, but I was told in another thread that she was a steal for $500.

get outta here!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I'm new to these types of rifles, but I was told in another thread that she was a steal for $500.

hock.gif

get outta here!!

Yep! A friend of mine and her husband bought a whole bunch of stuff in lot form from a guy that needed money fast. In the lot was this rifle. She called me because she knew that I had firearms and she figured $500 was the amount she wanted. Long story short, I now own the rifle. Luck is usually not in my favor, but I guess it was this particular time!
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#7]
SWEET rifle!!!
$500 If ya get tired of it I'll take it off your hands for $600.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that a Colt? It looks like one. Great deal U got.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like it may be a 9MM????????????
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup! It's a Colt 9MM. And...no, it's not going anywhere.h
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yup! It's a Colt 9MM. And...no, it's not going anywhere. I've never owned one and I'm glad it came along because I get to get my feet wet with it. It's only been four days and already I've got a bad case of "black rifle syndrome".

Load up on MAGS now, the colt mags are expensive. But looks like ya did good.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks! I was looking around today and found some used 9MM Colt mags for $62+shipping for the 32-rounders. Wow!!! They certainly are expensive!!! I'd hate to see what they go for new (if that's even an option).
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Be careful with it out on the boat.

jj
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That's great news! I appreciate the feedback, guys. Thank you!!!

MyakkaVice, I took a crappy pic when I brought her home. I'll take a better one soon and post it. In the meantime, this is what she looked like without a bath. She must have been stored out in the open because the dust layer on her was pretty heavy...

img103.imageshack.us/img103/4559/ar15001fv4.jpg

I'm new to these types of rifles, but I was told in another thread that she was a steal for $500. She got a really good bath yesterday and she looks completely different, like a whole new rifle altogether. Now, I can't wait to get out and fire a few rounds through her!!!

for $500! Good deal man, and welcome to the board!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Be careful with it out on the boat.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:

he

Thanks, bud! Oh, and I absolutely LOVE your username!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he gets that a lot...compliments on his username, that is...
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
$500 bucks out of a guys trunk ?   Wonder who he stole it from ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he gets that a lot...compliments on his username, that is...

What can I say, who doesn't like...punani?
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
height=8
Quoted:

The guy who sold it to my friend (the girl I bought it from) is a Miami police officer that is in the process of getting a divorce and he is getting rid of everything he can. He's having a personal fire sale, so to speak. Before I finished the transaction with her, we ran the serial number through the FDLE's "Stolen Gun Search Page" and it came up clean. For my records, I have a copy of this result printed out and attached to my bill of sale.

I don't participate in shady deals. If there was any inkling that there was something about the rifle or the transaction in general that was not on the up-and-up, I would not have gone through with the purchase.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

he

Thanks, bud! Oh, and I absolutely LOVE your username!!!he

What can I say, who doesn't like...punani?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy who sold it to my friend (the girl I bought it from) is a Miami police officer that is in the process of getting a divorce and he is getting rid of everything he can. He's having a personal fire sale, so to speak. Before I finished the transaction with her, we ran the serial number through the FDLE's "Stolen Gun Search Page" and it came up clean. For my records, I have a copy of this result printed out and attached to my bill of sale.

I don't participate in shady deals. If there was any inkling that there was something about the rifle or the transaction in general that was not on the up-and-up, I would not have gone through with the purchase.

Hey,  don't mean to start any troubles.  It just sounded like to me that you bought it for $500 bucks, which is way cheap for that weapon, from someone you did not know out of their trunk.    Without all the details it sounded a bit too good to be true.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Hey,  don't mean to start any troubles.  It just sounded like to me that you bought it for $500 bucks, which is way cheap for that weapon, from someone you did not know out of their trunk.    Without all the details it sounded a bit too good to be true.

No troubles, just clarifying my position. I never stated that it was purchased "out of a trunk". That's not my type of thing. As for the low price, that was her asking price, so I seriously considered the purchase. It was only after I got online that I realized that I had done okay on the price. I've never had a black rifle, but I'm glad I bought it and I'm glad this site is here to help me through my learning curve.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

wtf kind of crack are you on boy? this is FLORIDA. not new york or california its still a free state.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

wtf kind of crack are you on boy? this is FLORIDA. not new york or california its still a free state.

WTF kind of reply is that? Had I known the answer to my question, do you think I would have asked it?

I'll stop there. You know how the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top