Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 1:54:01 PM EDT
I had a drill bit (1 1/16") break during a front sight installation. The sight blade trunnion was blank which required me to clamp it fast and drill through using the existing holes as a guide. Well, I was able to remove the broken bit (whew), but when it broke it I wallowed out the hole on one side. So, after completing the installation I am in need of a little touch up. I thought that using a ball end mill on each exterior side of the hole should clean up my screw up rather nicely. There is a roll pin firmly holding the front sight, and I am not shore if it needs to be shortened or not, but I would really appreciate and help someone could provide. The local shops will not even look at this tiny job as set up would take much longer then the job.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of VA are you in, in the Richmond there are a couple of guys I can think of.  You might have to pay more if it is a tedious time consuming task, but it's only money, right
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What part of VA are you in, in the Richmond there are a couple of guys I can think of.  You might have to pay more if it is a tedious time consuming task, but it's only money, right

I am over near Staunton at the I-81/I-64 split. If I had a mill I could probably knock out this work in 30 minutes including setup, but I don't. So, I would like to hook up with a shooter/machinist for some other cosmetic ideas while I am at it. The pistola is stainless which means no finish work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top