Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 3:13:43 PM EDT
Can an IL resident purchase a long gun from an FFL here in Indiana?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on what I've personally wittnessed: Yes, but the buyer & FFL must observe the IL rules regarding FOID cards and waiting periods (if any).

I think IL's waiting period is for handguns only.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Hi Camel, how's the scatter-gun doing?

gregw45 is right, FFLs in Indiana have to check the Illinois FOID card. A lot of FFLs don't know that though.
If you're trying to avoid having  to go through (& pay) two dealers, IM me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Hi Camel, how's the scatter-gun doing?

gregw45 is right, FFLs in Indiana have to check the Illinois FOID card. A lot of FFLs don't know that though.
If you're trying to avoid having  to go through (& pay) two dealers, IM me.

Its been running good, it did some hiking in the mountains with me out west over the summer.  

The reason i'm asking is one of my roommates found a shot gun he likes and I didn't know what the laws where with the FOID card shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top