Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 11:26:47 AM EDT
http://www.petitiononline.com/ccarryil/petition.html

Email from Robert Moon (the creator of the petition),

Yes, it's still active. And I intend to print and send them as soon as the signatures reach 1,000...and then again at every additional thousand after that.

And there are always certain people who worry about the effectiveness/security of on line petitions. We have had great success with them in Illinois and all that is asked for is your name, city/state, and email address...which is kept from view, and not even I get to see them.

Do you live anywhere near Bloomington? If so, we've got a 2nd Amendment event there on Sunday, September 20th. Click here for the details.

Thanks,

Robert Moon
Illinois Regional Coordinator
Tea Party Patriots

To: Governor Pat Quinn, State Legislature

All but two states have figured out that crime goes DOWN when law-abiding citizens are allowed to arm themselves against armed criminals. Illinois is one of them. We hereby call on this state to enact a conceal-carry law.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
To: Governor Pat Quinn, State Legislature

All but two states have figured out that crime goes DOWN when law-abiding citizens are allowed to arm themselves against armed criminals. Illinois is one of them. We hereby call on this state to enact a conceal-carry law.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

I do not mean to sound so harsh but this is how I can see some of the responses from anti-gunners going:

So Maryland has a CCW law?  Its true but the process is highly restricted.  I have not encountered a single person with a MD CCW on any of the various gun boards.  The same can be said about other may issue states.  Wisconsin allows open carry which is a way for law abiding citizens to arm themselves against armed criminals.  Well what about states with higher crime rates?  

I suggest that you rethink those words as they can easily be twisted against you.

Where at in Bloomington are you guys going to be?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the input & I do agree w/you but just an FYI, those aren't my words. Those were Robert Moon's. Thats why I put them in quotes.

Here's some upcoming event info from the site. http://www.illinoistea.com/2009/08/new-cbo-report-obama-has-completely.html

ps. I dont think I can make it out to that event he's got going on. I'm booked all weekend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
i am 155
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top