Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 8:54:37 AM EDT
anyone have a idea of what this growth is on the deer?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It's where she keeps her joey?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Was that taken near the Monticello Nucelar plant?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#3]
In the words of Arnold, "Its not a tooma"
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
without a biopsy my best guess would be a fatty tumor.  Won't affect the meat.  It could be a very large abscess, but she looks to be in too good of condition for an abscess..
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent the picture in to the DNR to see if they knew anything about it and got this back:

Hi Mr sex robot,
We see pictures like this pretty frequently.  It is a seroma, basically a buildup of serous exudates following some sort of injury (often traumatic).  Eventually the fluid will reabsorb, or it will get punctured and the fluid will drain. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!
Erika

Erika Butler, D.V.M.
Wildlife Veterinarian
MN Department of Natural Resources
5463-C West Broadway
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651 296 2662 (office)
651 296 5202 (fax)
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sent the picture in to the DNR to see if they knew anything about it and got this back:

Hi Mr sex robot,
We see pictures like this pretty frequently.  It is a seroma, basically a buildup of serous exudates following some sort of injury (often traumatic).  Eventually the fluid will reabsorb, or it will get punctured and the fluid will drain. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!
Erika

Erika Butler, D.V.M.
Wildlife Veterinarian
5463-C West Broadway
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651 296 2662 (office)
651 296 5202 (fax)

She sounds HOT.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Mr sex robot,
Erika

Erika Butler, D.V.M.
Wildlife Veterinarian
5463-C West Broadway
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651 296 2662 (office)
651 296 5202 (fax)

She sounds HOT.

I was going to post that she sounds cute...

You win.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Mr sex robot,
Erika

Erika Butler, D.V.M.
Wildlife Veterinarian
5463-C West Broadway
Forest Lake, MN 55025
651 296 2662 (office)
651 296 5202 (fax)

She sounds HOT.

I'd let her drain my fluid
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:51:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I was going to guess "swollen nipple", but looks like DNR beat me to it with a better explanation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Is that deer covered under obama care? She has the right to medical treatment too!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hi Mr sex robot,
Erika

Probably, someone shot at her from 600yds.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Mr sex robot,
Erika

Probably, someone shot at her from 600yds.

WOW!   A shot in a new thread!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top