Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 9:00:22 AM EDT by texastactical]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:59:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:18:04 AM EDT
Thanks, Mike!

I had a great time - Those were some of the most fun stages yet!

Still, if I have to shoot through my TV set to stop a bad guy, there are some problems: 1, he's in the gun room since that's what's behind my TV set. I'd be seriously outgunned, and 2, I'm going to be pissed if I have to buy a new TV!

Thanks, much! I had a great time!

kk7sm
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:21:35 AM EDT
That sounds like fun! I wish I hadn't sprained my ankle and been bedridden the whole weekend.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:41:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:50:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 12:52:23 PM EDT by kk7sm]
Hi, Mike!

When I first saw that stage, I looked at it and said, "You know, I don't like infomercials, either, but I'd just change the channel!"

I don't think I can make the 3-gun this coming weekend, but I'm dragging ORinTX along for the carbine match toward the end of the month, and stay for the low-light match that night, as well! I'm kind of working my way up to the 3 gun. I'm doing the IDPA with pistol, going to start the carbine matches, and I plan on doing one of the shotgun side stages when I can remember to pack a shotgun and some shells.

After all that, I think I'll try to put it all together. I'm a little bit of a slow child, so I like to build up in small steps.

So, here's my question for that - if I bring my FAL with an aimpoint, would that be in battle rifle class or optics class? The answer to this question will determine what I'm planning on shooting.

Cheers,

kk7sm

ET­A: By the time I got there, someone had put a nice bullet hole in the TV frame!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:12:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By texastactical:
Thanks for coming out! I'm glad you enjoyed the stages!

The original intent of that TV stage was not to shoot through the TV but when I went to get my prop TV the screen was gone. It may not have been strictly realistic but I think it made the stage more interesting to shoot through it anyway.

Are you coming out for the 3 gun this coming Saturday?

Where can I get more information for the 3 gun this Saturday. Amount of ammo to bring, maximum range of the targets (scope or no scope), how long will the match last, and if new "3-gunners" are welcome?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:21:32 AM EDT
Top Top