Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2018 2:23:04 PM EDT
I have a Marlin 39 Article II that means much more to me than the value.
It has some light surface rust in spots, a scratch on the receiver, and some other minor issues.

I am looking for someone to make it perfect again and erase any stress it may have suffered through my teenage years. I want someone who is an expert with heirloom quality arms, or at the very least is an expert with these Marlins. I am NOT looking for an amateur/hobbyist gunsmith.

Know anyone?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:48:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 5:18:21 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/
View Quote
Exactly who I was going to suggest.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:01:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:03:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/
View Quote
Thank you, I will check them out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 11:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2018 11:30:32 PM EDT by RobertL]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Yep! But the bill will be epic!
View Quote
They are currently doing a complete restoration of a 1881 Colt SAA US Cavalry Model for me. You could buy a decent used car for what it’s going to cost.

Before anyone hollers about restoring an original Cavalry, I bought this as a parts gun and have spent over a year collecting all of the correct parts for the restoration. I took a chance and bought an unlettered mutt off gunbroker that I knew was a mess of 1st and 2nd generation parts, but the frame serial number dated to 1881. I sent the number to Colt and it lettered back as a Cavalry with no record of having been converted to an Artillery. Turnbull inspected the gun and verified the letter before starting the restoration. They won’t create a counterfeit Colt, the restoration has to match the letter.

Hopefully it will be done in a few months and I’ll post pictures.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 2:48:46 AM EDT
Can't wait to see...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:27:57 PM EDT
Can't wait to see the pictures and the bill. I have a colt lightning that doesn't have any springs and needs to be restored and shot
Top Top