Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2014 1:57:56 PM EDT
Anyone recommend a place close to Lincoln that does hydro dipping? Usually i just do it myself since it is so easy but i can not find the film i want for sale ANYWHERE! I think im down to the option of getting it done somewhere that already has it.
Oh and the pattern im lookin for is the Kryptek Raid for my newly built AR.
Any help would be apreciated! Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a place in Ashland doing it.

craigslist add

Not sure if they have a FFL to do a complete rifle though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent that guy a few emails and he never returned them so I guess he isnt to worried about business. There is a guy that just bought a giant tank for it in Omaha. I can ask him if he is up and going yet and get back to you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
ok cool! i was really interested in trying to do it myself. the ar i want to dip is an 80%'er i just completed, so idk how that would all work if i sent it to someone, even with an FFL. As far as i know you can not transfer possesion of any firearm that has been manufactured by yourself for personal use, like an 80% AR. I could be wrong tho.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
J&B Powdercoating in Aurora (Exit 332, I-80) does hydrodipping of firearms.  

I've never seen their gun work, but for powdercoating, they have a very good reputation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 8:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
but do the sell the film by itself? since i want to dip a completed 80% i wouldn't think i could leave it there or ship it anywhere...
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
but do the sell the film by itself? since i want to dip a completed 80% i wouldn't think i could leave it there or ship it anywhere...
View Quote

If they do complete firearms your good to go.  Otherwise maybe you could set up an appointment to have it done while you wait.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Avoid J&B powder coating, did not do a good job with the multicam I had them do.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Avoid J&B powder coating, did not do a good job with the multicam I had them do.
View Quote

Darn, I saw they had ATACS-AU as an option and was thinking about taking my 300blk rifle out to them.

Miller, any word on the guy with the new tank in Omaha?

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#9]
He is still practicing. Just saw some of his work yesterday and it looks fine, but he says he is not ready yet...wants perfection. I've got stuff waiting for him!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top