Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2004 5:01:24 PM EDT

No joke. I am back and happy to be!  I'm gonna keep it very short out of respect for those who are suffering due to all the hurricanes that have brought hell to all.  I have to say thanks to the National Guard and FEMA to start. The list is never ending....

My neighbors behind me...

Truck in the pool...I sat in amazement for  some time on this one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:33:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in your neighborhood working with FEMA. I took the same pic of the truck.

More pics here: rabidchicken.com/ivan

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
glad to see you made it ok man!

I used to live in that neighborhood ... I live now off of muldoon, but I was wondering who's house that was.  I actually took a pic of your house also and posted it here a few days ago ...

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#3]
(for surviving and the sign)

hope your doin ok, and things return to "normal" in short order
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:43:18 AM EDT
[#4]
We need to work on getting a shoot together again as aoon as everyone is back on their feet. Has anyone heard from Max_Power?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!

Sign is down and  the American Flag is back up! I heard of some looting down the road in Seaglades. I didn't have any problems where I am.  When I was out and about the yard cleaning up, it was more common than not to have people give me the thumbs up as they drove by. Nice to know people are on your side in times of need.
 My neighbor directly next door  is a LEO over in Gulf Shores/Foley. Real nice fella...I have more darn MREs than I need! Email if you need a case or two (locals).

MF

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 cases myself. Thanks for the offer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I was stationed on the Key and Grande Lagoon for Ivan. You were very fortunate.

Ps.....nice pics.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Checking in from Perdido Golf Resort! I'm still alive - and just got back on line!!!
I saw you'resign on gulf beach hwy - way to go mudflap!!

Grande Lagoon must have been ground zero. I've never seen so much carnage in my life. My heart goes out to all those who have lost so much.

PS- I built six houses on Grande Lagoon Blvd. since 1992 and there some of the ones still standing. I must be doing it right!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
 I went down into the far reaches of Grande Lagoon to help some folks sift through the debris last Saturday/Sunday. It was so horrible. I felt so overwhelmed with all the destruction around me. Most folks just nodded to each other when they passed. Kind of a zombie acknowledgement. Just too painful to talk much. What do you say?
 One house on the far end of the subdivision had it's home alarm siren wailing away like a screeching rabbit on it's last breath. Owners long since gone.The house next to it just gone. No boards, no stilts, and not even the concrete slab.
 Another guy had his Jeep parked in front of what used to be his home. Nothing but a slab now. He had a rake and was combing the sand looking for anything.  
  Words and pictures don't do it justice at all.

Aerial Photos
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad everyone is ok. Was definately a crazy month. I'm in the Space Coast are and it got quite interesting here as well. Hope all goes well for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I`m just today back online. Was only without water and power for a little over a week. Phones are still down, need a new privacy fence and a roof, but still have all my fingers and toes. Has everyone from the area checked in?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't seen/heard from Max Power. Grande Lagoon was depressing. Most of the pictures I took were from Grande Lagoon.

Grande Lagoon Pics

I am going to Orlando next week to work with FEMA on Hurricane Jeanne. We'll see how that goes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Those pics are awful. I hope all of you are recovering and are well.
My in laws lost two houses in Barefoot Bay, their own and an investment one....what a mess.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys must be close by, I live in perdido country club, - lets get togeather sometime and have a beert at hub"s at innerarity point, - Galves Landing!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
..sounds like a plan!
I am still waiting on my insurance adjuster (34 days). I took my evidence pics  long ago, and have recently been doing a lot of the work myself. I am just happy I have a house to fix. I have ALOT to do and plenty of time to do it. Right now my entire home is just like my bedroom when I was a 7 year old kid. Nice and clean...  

Ever feel like your living in a nightmare and you can't wake up?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#16]
God speed to Florida.  How did the dome house, made out of reinforced concrete make out?  I believe it's in the Pensacola area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]
What is the large wooden wall next to the pool in the second picture of the truck in the pool?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#19]
No, not my truck. I'm not sure who it belongs to. I think the wall you are referring to is actually the bottom portion of the porch on the second deck (on the left).
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#20]
You are right. Now that I look at it again it makes sense.

Bob

Quoted:
No, not my truck. I'm not sure who it belongs to. I think the wall you are referring to is actually the bottom portion of the porch on the second deck (on the left).

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad you're up and running again.  I live in Port Charlotte and experienced the full force of Charley back in August.  Wife was 9 months pregnant when we were huddling in our bathroom during the storm.  Lost power and water for 2-weeks.  Wasn't fun.

http://home.comcast.net/~tomandkatie/bush04mormon.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top