Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 2:44:36 PM EDT
Well, boys, they've decided to shut things down here so I should be back in Atlanta again in a few weeks.  And I just got used to the water...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm actually glad you still have a job and now we'll get to see you more often.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm actually glad you still have a job and now we'll get to see you more often.  

Yeah...now you can help me put my AR together when I get the parts.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you'll be back in Ga, Brad_D...

Last time at the range, I saw you reassembling an AR. You had the bolt carrier in your hand and flipped the bolt forward before sliding it back into the upper rec. What's the reason for doing this?

I'm still looking to do a build myself. I picked up a Mega lower- very cool. Does someone have the tools to do it?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I have all the tools you'll need - roll pin punches (thanks to chainshaw), hammer, block of wood and beer.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Hobbit...to be honest, that's just how I was taught to do it in the Army.  I've never tried to put the bolt/carrier back in without doing that.    Perhaps the cam pin will keep you from getting the assembly in the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Well Bradd_D, now you have no reason to not go drinking with me on Wednesdays...$2 drinks...my buddy singing...single women(for you at least). Woohoo! Oh, umm...sorry to hear it fell through.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well Bradd_D, now you have no reason to not go drinking with me on Wednesdays...$2 drinks...my buddy singing...single women(for you at least). Woohoo! Oh, umm...sorry to hear it fell through.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Definitely, my friend!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Byte, you going this Wednesday?  Where is this place?  What time do you usually go?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, sorry, as of this minute I won't be going this Wednesday. Got other plans, but if things get shifted I might. I will be going next Wed though. Gotta deliver pics from last Wed. Did I mention I am the 'bands' photographer? It is @ Windy Hill and 41. The crowd is different everytime, except for a few 'usuals' which I am becoming. I can point you to some pics if intereseted. Lemme know.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Pics area always cool.  What's the name of the place?  Also, what time do you usually get there and stay until?  Maybe we'll try maing it next week.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Oops, sorry. He plays @ Dixie Tavern along with a few other places in/near midtown. It is off 41 behind the Folks. It is part of the strip mall. They start around 9 and I try to get there about then. They finish up around 1ish. I don't always stay til closing, depends on how I feel. I will IM the web site in a sec.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, buddy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:25:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oops, sorry. He plays @ Dixie Tavern along with a few other places in/near midtown. It is off 41 behind the Folks. It is part of the strip mall. They start around 9 and I try to get there about then. They finish up around 1ish. I don't always stay til closing, depends on how I feel. I will IM the web site in a sec.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Windy Hill and 41...I thought maybe he was playing Boomer's or the Buckboard.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Funny you should mention that...a few of the, ahem, dancers came in and were trying to get the guys to party with them after the show.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny you should mention that...a few of the, ahem, dancers came in and were trying to get the guys to party with them after the show.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

What is it about strip...er...uh...dancers and musicians?!?  When I was doing the "rock star" thing somebody was always dating a stripper!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey now, the water isn't TOO bad in Huntsville.  Where do they have you working at up there?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey now, the water isn't TOO bad in Huntsville.  Where do they have you working at up there?

I work for a company called Cort Furniture Rental.  My warehouse is near University and Jordan Lane.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I work for a company called Cort Furniture Rental.  My warehouse is near University and Jordan Lane.

Eh, I guess your location could be worse.  Are you on the south side of that intersection or the north?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, I guess your location could be worse.  Are you on the south side of that intersection or the north?

I'm about a block north between Jordan and Sparkman.  I live in a complex on Sparkman.    
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope it's not as bad now as it was when I lived in Huntsville.  From that area north to Winchester Rd and from Jordan Ln to the Parkway had drug/gang/crime problems.  Having not lived there for about 6-7 years, though, it may have cleaned up a bit.  I know they are tearing down and rebuilding lots of the Parkway on the north side of town, so hopefully it's because conditions have improved.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#21]
It's definitely a little depressed.  Not the best part of town for sure.  The Hardee's down the street was robbed the other day and apparently has been robbed several times in the past few years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been to the Air and Space Museum in Huntsville. Touched a Blackbird.

Hey, there is no air in space...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's definitely a little depressed.  Not the best part of town for sure.  The Hardee's down the street was robbed the other day and apparently has been robbed several times in the past few years.

Isn't Wilson's Sporting Goods on Jordan between University and Sparkman?  I'm pretty sure it is.  You been by there yet?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Touched a Blackbird.

Technically, it is not an SR-71 Blackbird.  It is the A-12 - single seat predecessor to the the two-seater SR-71.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:20:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't Wilson's Sporting Goods on Jordan between University and Sparkman?  I'm pretty sure it is.  You been by there yet?

The only sporting goods stores I have found are Hibbett's and Dick's.  Dick's has guns, but I haven't checked out Hibbett's yet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Touched a Blackbird.

Technically, it is not an SR-71 Blackbird.  It is the A-12 - single seat predecessor to the the two-seater SR-71.

Ok, Mr. Smarty Pants. I am happy that is was the predecessor ANYWAY! Much rather fondle the original than some crappy copy. Sloppy seconds are the worst!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:32:47 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Touched a Blackbird.

Ok, Mr. Smarty Pants. I am happy that is was the predecessor ANYWAY! Much rather fondle the original than some crappy copy. Sloppy seconds are the worst!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

If it ain't an A-12, it's just a copy...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

<refraining from comments about running trains>

I failed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The only sporting goods stores I have found are Hibbett's and Dick's.  Dick's has guns, but I haven't checked out Hibbett's yet.

A quick check on nearby businesses at Yahoo! maps reveals that there is no listing for them anymore.  They must have gone bye-bye.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<refraining from comments about running trains>

I failed.

sokay...don't be so hard on yourself.

Think BookHound saw that one?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Probably so.  He's such a perv.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I have all the tools you'll need - roll pin punches....

No you don't!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry.  I meant s0ulzer0 has roll pin punches.  (Reminds me, did you ever install that new toy?)
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A quick check on nearby businesses at Yahoo! maps reveals that there is no listing for them anymore.  They must have gone bye-bye.  Oh well.

Last time I was in Huntspatch (Which is where I'm from) Wilson's was still there. That was a couple months ago. Wilson's is cool, but if you go there (or JC's guns and tackle) carry lots of Vaseline.

For guns in Huntsville, go to Larry's Pistol and Pawn on North Parkway (about a 1/2 mile past University Drive on the left) Ususally find an interesting deal or two in there.

SG
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Sorry.  I meant s0ulzer0 has roll pin punches.  (Reminds me, did you ever install that new toy?)

I'll have it done by the Eastmans. I'll have your punches for you.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

Eastman's does gunsmith work. Thought they just did the shows. Hmmm, live and learn.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:00:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

Ooh!  Ooh!  Can I give Bookhound some punches too?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

Ooh!  Ooh!  Can I give Bookhound some punches too?

I will distract him for you.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

Eastman's does gunsmith work. Thought they just did the shows. Hmmm, live and learn.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

You CockHolster!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I will distract him for you.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Good luck.  I wasn't even able to snag his cell phone at the last fun show.  Tactical Mark was all up in that piece.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

ByteTheBullet  (-:

You CockHolster!

~ s0ulzer0

Man, you missed it yesterday...I was cool. Really! CockHolster, that's a new one.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Man, you missed it yesterday...I was cool. Really!
ByteTheBullet  (-:

I saw. So...what happened to you?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Shut up, you raving asshat!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I saw. So...what happened to you?

~ s0ulzer0

dunno...

ByteTheBullet  )-:
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Shut up, you raving asshat!

Thanks Nosferatu!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Damn!  I'm some pointy ears and face paint away from looking like that guy!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Damn!  I'm some pointy ears and face paint away from looking like that guy!

Yes, you are!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Guess I'll have to go smash his face in with a clawhammer and fix that, won't I?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top