Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/11/2006 6:12:29 PM EDT
We  have a DNR officer that comes to the  Fish & Game for the club meetings to speak each month, so I got off my lazy ass and went last thursday... I spoke with him about the situation, asked him about the line between hunting and crop damage control as far as using a suppressor.   His feeling was if you had a valid hunting license, hunting legal to start, and went through the trouble-expense to obtain the suppressor, he/himself has no problem with it.

He said he is all for it, does not know of any specific restrictions iiin the regulations, only thing in the rules he is aware of is types of tools allowed to be used for specific seasons/animals.  I told my concern was that I wanted to control the noise, as around here, there is a lot of "city slickers" going rural, and the first gunshot drives them crazy, and they is calling 911.

He is all for it, and wants an MP-5 for his duty gun, but DNR wont go for it.   SOOOOO, he is going to check on it farther and hopefully I will get off my lazy ass and attend the next meeting in May.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ohio Administrative Code - 1501:31-15-02 General hunting and trapping provisions:

(D) It shall be unlawful for any person to use a gun equipped with a silencer or muffler, or deadfall of any type to take or attempt to take a wild bird or wild quadruped.

This guy may not have a problem with it, but what if the next guy does? The law backs him up, and if you use the suppressor in the commision of a crime, which they could charge you with as you would be in violation of the OAC, you could be in more trouble since you were using a suppressor at the time of the violation.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
it would be really nice if we could get that changed, hunting squirrels with a suppressed 22 would be a blast.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top