Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 10/20/2009 5:17:58 PM EDT
Hello Ohio Members.

I have an event scheduled for this weekend.

It will be an afternoon of Trout Fishing on Friday from Noon until around 5 pm, then dinner (free), nights hotel stay (free), and then on Saturday morning until around 1pm is a Pheasnat hunt on a private hunting club. With free lunch.

This event is for either Combat Wounded Veterans, or Combat Vets.

I have 2 open slots due to some cancelations. I will provide them on a 1st come 1st reserved basis.

If interested IM me with your information and contact #.

If you do not fit the criteria above, but know someone that does, please pass this along.

The only out of pocket cost will be travel to and from the event.

www.friendsofamericanheroes.org
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have 2 slots open.

I will be on the road starting at 0200.

So if you want a slot, IM me with contact info, and I will give a call when I get up and running with directions/information.

Every time we do an event, I am always amazed at how humble each one of them is, and think they do not deserve what we do to get them out of the hospitals to get their minds off injuries and such.

Every one of them is a GREAT AMERICAN.
Link Posted: 10/25/2009 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Well we made it back, and let me tell you it was an awesome weekend.

FlyFishing for Trout, and Pheasant Hunting over some AWESOME dogs.

The kindness, gratitude shown these deserving Wounded Warriors was unbelieveable.

The folks from Ohio made this weekend something these Wounded Warriors will remember for a long time to come.

Everyone told me they want to make it an annual event, and are already making plans for next year's event.

They said they were going to improve it, and I honestly do not know how that could be possible.

Both meals were fit for a King. The personal instruction on FlyFishing, then the fishing, clay shooting, and then Pheasant hunt was a BLAST!

Rained on us both days, but not one of the Wounded Warriors wanted to quit.

Final tally, A WHOLE BUNCH OF TROUT, 47 Pheasants cleaned and on way home with them.

THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR KINDNESS SHOWN THESE GREAT WOUNDED WARRIORS.

Link Posted: 10/26/2009 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it was a great time.  Thanks for your efforts!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Looks like it was a great time. Thanks for your efforts!

No effort on my part.

This event could not of happened without the effort,support,donations, and volunteers that provided an OUTSTANDING weekend for these Great Wounded Warriors.

I lost count of the amount of volunteers, but I would say it was close to 100+ for the 8 Wounded Warriors over the 2 days.

I have had the pleasure to see a lot of things in this great country, but the Patriotism and Generosity shown was unbelievable.

I can only hope that every event goes like this one. It definitely set a Standard that others will be judged by.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
glad to hear it went so well, and everyone enjoyed it!  

thanks for sharing the pics!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there any info on how we can support this organization??? sounds like a worthy cause indeed.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:16:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there any info on how we can support this organization??? sounds like a worthy cause indeed.

the OP had this in hist first post: www.friendsofamericanheroes.org
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I must have missed it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top