Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/19/2005 3:38:57 PM EDT
The IDPA group at Howell's now has our own website so we can post match dates, scores and info in a timely manner.

Unfortunately there are no EBR's allowed at Howell's because there are no centerfire rifles allowed in the zoning permit, but if you want to be able to draw your pistol from a holster and shoot rapidfire pistol (safely) then feel free to come out and join us. Mr. Howell himself prefers folks shooting fast rather than plinking, so there will never be a one second per shot rule here.

www.howellsidpa.com
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:23:00 PM EDT
You're more than welcome to come out and watch. Or come out and shoot too - we've got a good group of SO's and they'll walk you through things if you are new. What matters most is that you are safe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2005 8:39:38 PM EDT by npd233]

Originally Posted By HowellsIDPA:
The IDPA group at Howell's now has our own website so we can post match dates, scores and info in a timely manner.

Unfortunately there are no EBR's allowed at Howell's because there are no centerfire rifles allowed in the zoning permit, but if you want to be able to draw your pistol from a holster and shoot rapidfire pistol (safely) then feel free to come out and join us. Mr. Howell himself prefers folks shooting fast rather than plinking, so there will never be a one second per shot rule here.

www.howellsidpa.com

What a refreshing thing to hear in an Illinois forum....

I've shot out there before, too, with a group from work. It's a nice place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:43:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 11:55:42 AM EDT by mr_camera_man]
I think I just might have to show up for the next one in June. How many rounds are in the back-up gun match? Is a Charter Bulldog too big to be considered for back-up, or should I stick to the P32?

Edit: Looks like the bulldog is legal. rules
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:00:39 PM EDT
Shot the matches back when Bill B. and Dick J. were running them-great bunch of guys and a really friendly match.

Gonna' have to make it out in June!

Larry
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:24:31 PM EDT
Dick J. Came out this past match - it was great to see him out shooting again.

I checked with the Match Director:

Side match will be 5 rounds, $2.00 each time you shoot it whether you shoot your gun or ours, and you can shoot it as many times as you want. Winner takes 1/2 the total proceeds.

So heck, bring out the bulldog and the p32 if you want.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2005 2:03:52 PM EDT by sleepercaprice1]
This is Bill B. here. Who are you? Do I know you? Let me guess. Are you Larry P. from Tinley Park?

Originally Posted By Larry1096:
Shot the matches back when Bill B. and Dick J. were running them-great bunch of guys and a really friendly match.

Gonna' have to make it out in June!

Larry

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:33:21 PM EDT
Larry P. from Frankfort, but close enough.

How's it going?

Larry
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:54:09 PM EDT
Hi, Larry. I bought a G17 from you years ago.
Anyway, yes, there's still IDPA at Howell as well as at the Oak Park Sportsmans Club in Plainfield. If anybody needs details, just post here. It would be great to get some of you AR15.com guys interested in the pistol games.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:04:31 PM EDT
Oak Park Sprotsman Club also shoots IPSC pistol matches
www.opsc-uspsa.org
Top Top