Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2005 2:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 2:39:16 PM EDT by wildbill1962]
Just wanted to say HI to all of the Indiana members. I just moved here from Texas and am looking forward to chatting and maybe getting together and punching paper with some of you. I am located in Anderson, if anyone knows of any good shooting ranges drop me a line. Or if you just want to BS and tell lies thats okay to.....DE OPPRESSO LIBER
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:27:50 PM EDT
Welcome it Indiana, a NFA friendly state. Enjoy

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:23 PM EDT
Bill, hopefully we'll have some local shoots this year and dump a lot of ammo. Welcome.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:45:23 PM EDT
Welcome
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:10:14 PM EDT
Welcome to Indiana. You surviving the ice storm ok?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:30:21 AM EDT
Welcome!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:37:06 AM EDT
Ok so I flew out Wed morning, Ice storm?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:01:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:
Ok so I flew out Wed morning, Ice storm?

We had a lovely ice storm here with some power outages, followed by the lovely snow you now see!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:14:44 AM EDT
Hey its 95 and partly cloudy here, 20% chance of the camp being over run.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:18:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PSYWAR1-0:
Hey its 95 and partly cloudy here, 20% chance of the camp being over run.

I hope you sweat profusely as we endure these many inches of snowfall.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:21:07 AM EDT
Having grown up in Michigan, I have to laugh a little when it gets cold here.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:30:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Painter:

Laugh???? Have you been here yet when the wind chill goes to -30??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:35:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 4:36:56 AM EDT by Painter]
Yes! I have been here for about 10 years. I know it gets cold, but you have to admit that everytime a little white dust occurs, it isn't "WINTER BLAST 2005"

I am not trying to rip on you. It just is sort of funny that all the bread and milk goes away when it snows here

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:41:03 AM EDT

Yes! I have been here for about 10 years. I know it gets cold, but you have to admit that everytime a little white dust occurs, it isn't "WINTER BLAST 2005"

I am not trying to rip on you. It just is sort of funny that all the bread and milk goes away when it snows here

Oh god, the people here are insane when they hear we're getting a bad storm!! The second the weather changes they all forget how to drive too. My mother works in a grocery store and HATES it when we get bad weather. I semi understood when they were talking about receiving up to a foot of snow, 'cause it can take a couple days in the boonies to get the roads clear enough to drive safely. Those in Carmel, Fishers and Westfield though, the roads are cleared off in about 24 hours.

I thought you were implying the weather here is more mild than that state directly north!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:46:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HeldHostage:

What is this "wind chill" you speak of???

It was sunny AND 75 degrees at the Hun Farm new years day

Oh... that'd be in Texas, yall!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:48:09 AM EDT
Weather is probably about the same, except that Michigan gets more "lake effect snow". Maybe not as much as in years past, but it wasn't uncommon to get 3-5 inches all the time when I was up there. I am 38 now. And don't get me wrong, I am not going back anytime soon. People in Indy/ Indiana are much nicer people. MUCH NICER. Ya'll just need some more snow from time to time. I mean if it is gonna be cold, then lets have some snow!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:50:56 AM EDT
Hey Nationwide-
When I went to Air Force basic in San Antonio back in 1984 (Oh my God that was a few years ago)
we actually got snowed in a few days. Now there was a place that didn't know what to do with snow!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:51:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

What is this "wind chill" you speak of???

It was sunny AND 75 degrees at the Hun Farm new years day

Oh... that'd be in Texas, yall!

May you get heat stroke.... <grumble>
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:23:27 PM EDT
welcome wildbill.

There is a range north of New Castle at the Wildlife Mangeemnt area (WMA) called Wilbur Wright. Open to the public 7 days a week. Nothing special, but it has a 50 yard, 25 yard and a shotgun range.

There is a range in the Markleville area (close to Anderson) but I have never shot at it. It may be a private club?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:24:47 PM EDT
Welcome to Indiana.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:11:33 PM EDT
Welcome!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:54 PM EDT

Now, why do you have to get yer undies all in a bunch over something as trivial sunshine?

We have plenty in Texas, and room for all yall. So come on down and have one on me
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:12:59 PM EDT
Welcome Wildbill, now when you feel spunky, you can say; Hoosier Daddy!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 7:18:04 AM EDT

-30 wind chill? Ha! I grew up in western Wisconsin and I can remember when it would hit -30 REAL TEMP. And not get above zero for weeks. But at least they knew how to plow. My dad has had a 2WD pickup for 26 years and only been stuck in snow once or twice that I know of (the last time in an unplowed parking lot). The only time I've been stuck was here in Indy, trying to get from my apt., which was plowed, to 82nd St., which was plowed, via a side street that still wasn't plowed a week after the snow stopped.

Anyway, welcome to Indiana wildbill1962!

If you're in Anderson you should look into Deer Creek Conservation Club. It's off I-69 at exit 55 so it's not too far from you. I used to shoot some rifle and 3-gun matches there but they had some disagreements with the Cowboy Action guys and most of them have moved to Atlanta Conservation Club, which is north of Indy on 31. As far as I know the DCCC range is still open and they have 200-yd rifle range and a pistol range with several 180-degree bays, plus a trap/skeet range. They might still hold some matches there. If you're into clays I hear there's a good range for that up on the NE side in the Fishers/Geist area.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 12:27:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By nationwide:

Now, why do you have to get yer undies all in a bunch over something as trivial sunshine?

We have plenty in Texas, and room for all yall. So come on down and have one on me

Because!! All this crappy weather gave me the flu!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:44:58 PM EDT
There is a very good range at the Deer Creek Conservation Club near Fairmont Indiana. They have 8 pistol ranges, a 200 yard high power range, a machine gun range, a skeet range and an archery range. There is a caretaker on the property and it is very well kept up. They have all manner of matches there.

Deer Creek Conservation
6203 S. 375 East
Jonesboro, IN 46938
(765) 674-4846

www.geocities.com/cbubbamccoy/dcrcowboyshooting.html
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 10:18:07 AM EDT
Welcome
Top Top