Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2005 9:30:07 AM EDT
Curious about the number of members here that live here. Always felt I was alone here.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello again.
Coventry.
There's a few of us here, one is even staff.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
*gigles* Little Roadie

The plus side is you guys can all walk to one another's homes within a matter of minutes lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
There has to be a good side to living here and being able to cross the state in in hour or less is okay, but that's about it. lol!
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
YO!

Always ready to meet local arfcommers, on and off the range.

email sent
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
six miles from the border, born in RI, work in RI.

Wiggle room?
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 4:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
six miles from the border, born in RI, work in RI.

Wiggle room?

Sure. Check out the shoot info for the 24th.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a part time Rhode Islander. I usually spend at least 1 weekend a month in N. Providence.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm a part time Rhode Islander. I usually spend at least 1 weekend a month in N. Providence.

WHY?
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY?

lol
Come down next weekend and shoot at my club.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#11]
RI guy here--not born here but moved here last year. Tims club is great I hoping to make the shoot!
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]
sgw, lol, I was just about to IM you about the shoot........
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 12:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY?

Because I have friends and family there! North Providence isn't bad.

Sorry to say, as much as I'd LOVE to go shooting, I have long-standing plans for the next 2 weekends.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:56:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY?

Because I have friends and family there! North Providence isn't bad.

Sorry to say, as much as I'd LOVE to go shooting, I have long-standing plans for the next 2 weekends.

Perhaps next time, then. Every fourh Sunday of a month with five Sundays (October 23rd, by my calender).
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
There are a few of us RIers here.  Where do you guys shoot?  I'm a member at Manville Sportsmans Club.  Tim I've been meaning to make it to one of your shoots but my weekends have been pretty full lately.  I'm actually in the process of purchasing some land in Vermont for a BO location and eventual farm/home.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a member @ Pine Tree Gun Club, it's a private club, but can take guests.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
There are a few of us RIers here.  Where do you guys shoot?  I'm a member at Manville Sportsmans Club.  Tim I've been meaning to make it to one of your shoots but my weekends have been pretty full lately.  I'm actually in the process of purchasing some land in Vermont for a BO location and eventual farm/home.

Where in VT are you looking? Most of my old crew from down here lives in the Royalton/Sharon area now.....I go up as often as I can.

Hope you can come to the October shoot!

Tim
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in VT are you looking? Most of my old crew from down here lives in the Royalton/Sharon area now.....I go up as often as I can.

Hope you can come to the October shoot!

Tim

The land is in Brookfield, just south of Barre.  It's nice because it's only a 3 hour drive from RI but still north enough to get out of the way of most of the 2nd home people from Boston.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Stupid question - about a year ago, someone sued the RI atty. General for a carry permit, and won.

RI courts set a recent precedent.  

Does anyone know the name of the case?

Thanks

-Ben
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:03:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I grew up in Pawtucket, but loved Point Judith, Misquamicut, Narragansett, and South County.  Worked in West Warwick, family still in Warwick, Cumberland, and Pawtucket.   Was in West Warwick for the Blizzard of 78.  Heck, I still remember the Rocky Hill Fair and Custy's.  

Haven't lived there in 25 years and I still hate driving I95 through Providence.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#22]
AZ_newguy, I work down in Wakefield, live in Chepachet and yes there are very beautiful parts of RI, but the gun laws suck! Custy's! they been gone for at least 20-25years, burned down. I have some family in Cumberland as well. small world. Wife and I have discussed moving to AZ, winter sucks here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Barrington RI here.  Member of the East Warren Rod & Gun Club.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:13:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Just moved cross the border from Mass in December.  I live in Pawtucket.

Yo.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Welcome to RI Daisywench, hope you like it here in RI.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Welcome to RI Daisywench, hope you like it here in RI.

Thanks, so far it's been great.  Been a hot summer in the Bucket, but I like it here.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Stupid question - about a year ago, someone sued the RI atty. General for a carry permit, and won.

RI courts set a recent precedent.  

Does anyone know the name of the case?

Thanks

-Ben

Info is here, at the CRAL website, run by one of my old college housemates.

forum.cralri.com/viewforum.php?f=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top