Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 11:42:13 AM EDT
My wife and I sent off for it the second week of Jan. they cashed our checks 3 days later and we have heard nothing. WTF?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I think ASP says to allow 120 days.  My initial one took around 5 weeks, the renewal took 9 days.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My wife and I sent off for it the second week of Jan. they cashed our checks 3 days later and we have heard nothing. WTF?

I just recieved my renewal, it was sent in about the same time.  I got my return recept on a tuesday, they cashed my check the following friday, it took them 27 days to print my new license and drop it in the mail  my old license expired on 2/23 I got my new one on 2/24, it was mailed 2/23...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#4]
My first one was "lost" at the ASP headquarters.  It was signed for, but then when I called to see where the h3ll it was 2 months later they said they havent seen it.

So I had to pay for the paperwork, mailing fees, cancel old checks, and right new checks again and resend everything.

Took another 7 weeks to finally get mine.

Although when I got it renewed, it was fast.

That said, I hope yours doesnt get lost!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If all goes well, you should have it by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My first set of fingerprints were rejected but they didnt give me any notice until the full 120 days were up. I had to then send in new ones and it still took the full 120 days. I ended up getting my card about 9 months after I took the class. If I would of been quicker on getting the paperwork put together I might of shaved two weeks off.

Omni
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Renewals are taking 2-3 weeks, I don't know WTF is up with new licenses but I suspect it might be the FBI.  The ASP sends fingerprints to the FBI and they are as slow as molasses.

BTW, if any of ya'll need your CHL renewed and live close to Jonesboro, just holler at me.  I'm an ASP CHL instructor and do renewals for NRA members for free.  All it will cost you is about an hour at the range, and that isn't work, it's play!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got it today
10 weeks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top