Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2010 8:11:48 AM EDT
Orange Co. How long do they take on average? input from other counties too.

UPDATE: Submitted it on 8/25 and got it today 8/31 Great news right!? Nope. They gave me the card back with a typo in the weapon nomenclature. I called up and they said don't use it, and to call in the morning to have another one made up. Awesome!

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Nassau = zero time.  Pick up your purchase coupons in advance, buy gun, return and get amended permit on the spot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Ulster County - They are done at the window while you wait.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, I don't want input from other counties anymore

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Up to a month in Tompkins
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It depends on the monthly cycle of the clerks and/or the judge's spouses....

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends on the monthly cycle of the clerks and/or the judge's spouses....

HA, I'll make sure to send my Judge's wife and the clerks flowers then.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Erie
do 4473, have NICS run, pay for gun, take receipt to permit office, get gun added and be given purchase coupon, go get gun
last one I did I was in and out of the permit office in about an hour and a half including my subway ride both ways and there were 2 or 3 people ahead of me in the office and I had to get my permit upgraded to one of the plastic ones
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#8]
It takes a 2/3 vote from the House and Senate, a constitutional convention and 3/4 vote of the states

A NY pistol permit amendment takes longer in some counties.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It takes a 2/3 vote from the House and Senate, a constitutional convention and 3/4 vote of the states

A NY pistol permit amendment takes longer in some counties.

I see what you did there. Funny, but not.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd hate to tell you how long it takes in Delaware County.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Rockland County - When ever the lazy judge decides to deem you worthy of his time to sign the paperwork.  Shortest -4 weeks longest 8 weeks.

I'm not going to comment on how long it takes for me to do a transaction.  Might make you cry.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I'm not going to comment on how long it takes for me to do a transaction.  Might make you cry.

The best part of moving out of NY is rubbing it in.  Since I'm still stuck here I try to have a good cry everyday. It's very cathartic.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The best part of moving out of NY is rubbing it in.  Since I'm still stuck here I try to have a good cry everyday. It's very cathartic.

Keep up the good fight.  Looks like Heller might have a positive effect in NY.  I chip in where I can to NYSRPA and still a member.

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:15:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Keep up the good fight.  Looks like Heller might have a positive effect in NY.  I chip in where I can to NYSRPA and still a member.

If you have an extra few bucks support the SAF/Alan Gura lawsuits too.
See if you can can score less than zero in 2010.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/UT
"In the organization’s 2009 state scorecards released for all 50 states, Utah has the weakest gun laws in the U.S.  

Individual state scores range from 0 to 79.  Utah is the only state that scored zero out of 100 possible points."

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
update, now with even more incompetence!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

update, now with even more incompetence!

So surprised.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#18]
if I lived in a county that took a month to just add a gun to my permit I think that would be the last straw and I'd be leaving NY. Cattaraugus County- very nice people to deal with on permits- amendments while you wait 5 min total time to get done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top