Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 11:37:55 PM EDT
I'm in Wayne County.... turned in all my stuff on Oct 4th, the Officer said he'd seen a few people get their permits back in as little as 5 weeks.  So, allowing for a week to get to the gun board, my 5 weeks has passed. I was figuring sometime in December, 2 good months, before I'd get it.

How long did it take you guys in different parts of Michigan?

No Expert

*update*
Well, the letter arrived Thursday the 22nd, dated the 13th of December (10 weeks). After checking the postmark, it was mailed on the 21st. Bummer, looks like they held it for a week.  Now, of course I drive downtown this morning to get there when the City-County building opens at 8AM... it's closed, for a 4 day weekend.  Now I gotta wait until tuesday to pick it up.  Bummer.  Maybe that's why they held it a week, so they wouldn't get a bunch of people coming in right before they get their break.

*update*

Okay, I drive down to the City-County building this morning (Tues), get in, go through the security, walk into the Clerk's office and am promptly told by the woman behind the counte that the office is closed until the 3rd!!

Nothing in the letter they sent me about holiday hours, checked the website...nothing there. called the phone number, just the "standard holiday" spiel.... so Of course I expected them closed Monday...but the whole week between Christmas and New Years?  WTF!

*update*

Well, went back the morning of the 3rd, right after work. Got downtown around 0815...got into the City-County building and they had moved the metal detectors and were only using ONE of the two...so there was a huge line waiting to go through.  And here's the kicker, almost EVERYONE was getting tagged for manual search with wand!  I figured no biggie, I just went through last week without setting anything off. I get to my turn, drop the keys and phone in the basket, step through and BEEEP!  "Empty your pockets sir"  So I pull out all that was left in my pocket....28 cents....1 quarter and 3 pennies. The security guard gives me a dirty look, and sends me through again.... BEEEP!  WTF??  So I go over for manual scan...nothing found of course.  So I wonder if they tweaked the machines for the new year to trigger on lesser items? Like the belt buckle or glasses I was wearing that DIDN'T trip it one week earlier?

Oh and the funny one, was the guy two behind me on metal crutches..... yeah, he had to get the wand too!

12 weeks total.....but I don't have to worry about it again  for 5 years.

No Expert
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I am in Wayne County and it took 10 weeks to get mine back in the summer rush for renewals and new app's.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#2]
It took me 30 days to get mine, i'm in oakland county. McM
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I'm on somebody's list? I dunno, but I'm in Wayne County. When I got the initial license 3 1/2 years ago, they told me it'd take 5 months, and it did. When I did my renewal about this time last year, they told me it would take about 5 months. It took just under 4 1/2 months. Maybe they've improved their processing time? I doubt it, seems they are really trying to discourage despite the fact there've been far fewer problems than the hand wringers had predicted....

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine in Hillsdale County. Took 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Allegan county gave me my original in a month.  I got it Sep 11, 2001.  Easy day to remember.  To renew, it took about 3 months.  I had heard it was going to take a while so I got started about 6 months early.  I figured I eat a few months on my old permit rather than let it expire while waiting for my new one.

You kind of get used to packing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I got my letter today stating my  license is ready to pickup at the Wayne County Clerk's office.  Today is the 22nd, the letter is dated the 13th.  Took a week to get from Downtown Detroit to Redford?
Anyway,  October 4th to December 13th is 10 weeks on the dot.... so I guess it wasn't as bad as I feared.  

So, guess since I am off work tonight, I can plan to be down at the County Clerk's office at 8AM when they open.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife got her letter on the 21st - 10 weeks on the dot also.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Wow.. did she go down and pick it up yet?

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Livingston county turns them around in about six weeks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Barry County took 60 days, to process my application the first time around. The second time it was about 50 days.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Turned mine in for Genesee County the first of Nov. Was told it would take 2 months. So we'll see shorty...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:00:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

She did that on the 23rd !!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:24:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

She did that on the 23rd !!!!

I feel her pain....was she as pissed as I was when the building was closed?  Don't bother going back before the 3rd.

No Expert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top