Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 5:36:01 AM EDT
I think there is one coming up this weekend 9/25-9/26- wondering if I should go.   How big is it usually?  Should I wait for the one at Chantilly next month instead?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think there is one coming up this weekend 9/25-9/26- wondering if I should go.   How big is it usually?  Should I wait for the one at Chantilly next month instead?  Thanks.

Chantilly is much better and 2-3 times bigger.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Not very.

Chantilly is the shit, and by that I mean its all that and a bag of chips.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
This show in Bealton is NOT the Old Dominion Gun Show show that is usally there. This is the semi-annual Virginia Gun Collectors show. They enforce the no junk and beanie baby table rule. There are also some interesting displays by gun collectors. They cater to more of the collectable guns, Garands and such. There is some modern stuff availible also.

Chantilly will be a better show, but Bealton is the second best in the area, and for me the VGCA show is better then the usual ODGS show in Bealton.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends upon what you are looking for.  If you are mor einto older military guns then this show is for you, but if you need that new AR-15 with the latest SureFire light then wait until Chantilly.  The nice thing about this show is the fact that there are far less dealers than most shows.  So basically it is a lot of private sellers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Chantilly (C&E show) is going to have 1000 tables!
And I can't go due to other activities that weekend.  

I'll have to go to the Showplace in Richmond the following weekend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, we're going tomorrow, and hopefully we can pick up some breed of AR-15. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until Chantilly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, we're going tomorrow, and hopefully we can pick up some breed of AR-15. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until Chantilly.

PSSSST

I know where you can get a custom one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PSSSST

building it myself, right?

and we decided not to go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
So was it worth the trip? Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PSSSST

building it myself, right?

and we decided not to go.

No Sir, one done by me at cost since you seem to be a pretty upstanding young man.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So was it worth the trip? Anyone?

It was a decent show. A few amusing things like the "pre ban" Colt  A3 for $1750 when 2 tables over Trader Jerry had the LE Carbine version of it NIB for $1050 (and it was tempting, but the wife would of hurt me for buying ANOTHER AR). Some good displays if you like that stuff. I bought some patched and cleaning supplies, but thats it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top