Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:54:21 AM EDT
I see that Shiner has started selling its brands in Ohio. I drink Shiner when on vacation in FL, and bring some back with me but it doesn't last long and I'd like to get a keg to keep in my kegerator. Here in PA, you have to buy all beer from a beer distributor; you can't get it at the grocery store or whatever.

So, how do you go about buying a keg of beer in OH? And does anyone have any leads on where I can start looking for it? I will be coming in on I-80 from PA.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:47:42 AM EDT
In my experience, you have to get kegs from distributors here in Ohio as well.

I am sooo psyched I can now get Shiner Bock here in OH. I had been having family bring it from CO and TX whenever they came into town.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:02:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Red-Leg:
In my experience, you have to get kegs from distributors here in Ohio as well.

I am sooo psyched I can now get Shiner Bock here in OH. I had been having family bring it from CO and TX whenever they came into town.

OK... so to anyone who lives in eastern OH, do you know of any distributors near the state line, preferrably near I80? I need to call in advance to make sure they have it and it's a bit of a drive for me to just go out and look around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:14:32 AM EDT
The easiest way is to go talk to the owner of your favorite corner bar,have him order an extra and leave him some $ to cover the deposit on the keg,that's the way I do it and most bar owners don't care as long as they get the empty back.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:02:13 AM EDT
Ugh. As the Ohio line is at least 80 miles from my house, it doesn't look like I'll be able to buddy-up to a tavern owner anytime soon.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:52:56 AM EDT
Just look under beverage or beer in the phone book and start calling distributers. That is what I have done. Generally I keg my own beer, but I purchase them for parties and the holidays. Also, some brands have different taps that the distributors will sell you if you already have a CO2 tank and reg.

Jujst drive to the distributor, pay them and they will put it in your vehicle.

Dan

PS: If you put a full keg in the back of a pick up, make sure you strap it good. If it rolls to the back too fast it can put a serious curve in the door.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:57:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Ugh. As the Ohio line is at least 80 miles from my house, it doesn't look like I'll be able to buddy-up to a tavern owner anytime soon.

Maybe you can talk you favorite local distributor in to ordering you a Keg. We never had Straub around here until a few guys started asking some favorite bars to order it, now it's easy to get.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:22:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:13:27 PM EDT
I got a taste of Shiner while in Texas a few years back. I will have to find it locally. Cool.

Another good one is Honey Wise, it hooked me while in Iowa last year. Anyone know if they have seen it in Ohio?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:42:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Multi-G:
Another good one is Honey Wise, it hooked me while in Iowa last year. Anyone know if they have seen it in Ohio?

Never heard of "Honey Wise. Leinenkugel has a "Honey Weiss". We have that around here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:07:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sukebe:

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

Maybe you can talk you favorite local distributor in to ordering you a Keg. We never had Straub around here until a few guys started asking some favorite bars to order it, now it's easy to get.

I have already asked a few, and even gave some other guys who have "in's" with some suppliers and you CANNOT get Shiner anywhere except the states they distribute it. Especially kegs.
I'm all set up, I've been drinking draft beer at my house for years and there's a distributor a half mile from me, but due to the fact I live in PA I'm stuck with what I have.

Iron City, anyone?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
Possibly useful intel coming via e mail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:20:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shock_treatment:
Possibly useful intel coming via e mail.

Thanks man... I'll look into it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:06:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dan12:
PS: If you put a full keg in the back of a pick up, make sure you strap it good. If it rolls to the back too fast it can put a serious curve in the door.

So that's how my tailgate got caved in!

Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top