Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/29/2011 2:28:55 PM EST
I went and signed up at NFA tracker online. I started my item! It felt pretty good to finally list something on there!

Jon sent out my paperwork on tuesday....so.....

So how do I "track" it? What number should I call, and what information do I have to give to find out the status of my stamp? I know they won't tell you much, but I least I can call and find out when it goes pending, then call a few months later and see about approval date.

Thanks!

ETA: I would call CG&P and ask, but they are closed :-(
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:08:25 PM EST
Dude, you just need to forget about it. Dont call, dont think just move on. Four months is a long time.

First stamp back in 60 days
Second stamp back in 3 1/2 months
3 & 4 should be in my mailbox one of these days.
5 well Im hoping its here by Christmas-ish

Just relax and live your life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:03:58 PM EST
Seriously, it will go by quicker if you just forget about it until they call you and say come pick up your can. As soon as they get the form back they will call.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:17:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 4:17:19 PM EST by MntnMnWV]
Have you ever read "War and Peace"???
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:19:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By MntnMnWV:

Not long enough. He'll need to follow it up with Battlefield Earth too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:22:36 PM EST
Just wait then wait a little longer. I just got three back and it took five months. Started two more on Monday and these will be five to six months this go around due the popularity of nfa items nowadays. What did you get?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:28:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/29/2011 4:29:21 PM EST by chopps]

Originally Posted By ExKalifornian:
Dude, you just need to forget about it. Dont call, dont think just move on. Four months is a long time.

First stamp back in 60 days
Second stamp back in 3 1/2 months
3 & 4 should be in my mailbox one of these days.
5 well Im hoping its here by Christmas-ish

Just relax and live your life.

Oh yeah both of us.

Originally Posted By cdtracing:
Seriously, it will go by quicker if you just forget about it until they call you and say come pick up your can. As soon as they get the form back they will call.

Exactly what the man says above.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:32:23 PM EST
Well i was just trying to help update the NFA tracker website by posting when my form goes pending...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:43:48 PM EST
It'll get there when it gets there.

My rule of thumb for NFA newbies:

Hope for 3-6 months but expect 6-9. Be surprised and glad it show up early, otherwise you'll get ulcers waiting on ATF.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:06:15 PM EST
The only thing in government slower or worse than the NFA approval folks are the idiotic admin pogues at MOBCOM of MARFORRES. (Fuck You All MOBCOM)
If you worry about it, you will just end up wanting to go Achmed the Dead Terrorist on them and that means no NFA for you.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:41:24 PM EST
On a positive note though the nfa examiners recently changed and my home state got a kick ass examiner as did GA and Texas. At least our waits won't be as long as they used to be.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:11:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By cdtracing:
Originally Posted By MntnMnWV:

Not long enough. He'll need to follow it up with Battlefield Earth too.

Hell, just rent Dune. When it's over, you can go pick up your can.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:08:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:46:37 AM EST
My patience has improved with each susequent NFA item. My last SBR––I did not even call to check the status once. I waited 6 months for the SBR stamp, and then spent 60 seconds, literally 60 seconds, putting the folding stock on my GSG PK and adding the vertical forward grip. Kind of anti-climatic.

I broke down and called in to check the status on an AAC SDN 6 can that I sent in early June. It went pending June 27th and is still pending right now.

The real irony is that it will take me less time to get the can for my scar 17s than it will to get mags for the damn thing from Midway, but I knew that when I bought it

Good luck, and buy accessories while you wait!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:39:31 AM EST
Call NFA every day twice a day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:33:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By ikickhippies:

Don't listen to this man. He is trying to make the men in suits show up at your house.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:38:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By KrazyL:

Don't listen to this man. He is trying to make the men in suits show up at your house.

Yeah he is a real trouble maker ;)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:14:06 AM EST

I am siding with IKH on this one but I think you need to call them 3-4 times a day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:23:12 AM EST
I didn't call on mine for awhile and found out they had requested info from my transfer dealer and it slipped through the cracks.....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:11:34 PM EST
three calls in today...two tomorrow

they work saturdays, right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:01:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By s30series:
three calls in today...two tomorrow

they work saturdays, right?

Just on the ones nobody has called about which are the ones at the top of the pile.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:22:24 PM EST
Either Chris or Mark gave some good advice awhile back. They said you should buy a NFA item like every month or everyother month so your always waiting, but theres always one showing up. Im staging them about every three months or so, but they should start rolling in with regularity.

I just thought about this, as much as I dislike the ATF I've given them a friggin grand this year. Thats nuts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:03:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By ExKalifornian:
Either Chris or Mark gave some good advice awhile back. They said you should buy a NFA item like every month or everyother month so your always waiting, but theres always one showing up. Im staging them about every three months or so, but they should start rolling in with regularity.

I just thought about this, as much as I dislike the ATF I've given them a friggin grand this year. Thats nuts.

this is what I'm about to start trying. my company just staged up a new expansion... so... in about another two weeks Im buying a .22lr can and filing a form 1 on another SBR. the next month i'm SBR'ing a glock and picking up a 9mm can. December I think calls for another Cyclops... maybe a titan this time.
Top Top