Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 9:12:01 PM EDT
I was watching some show with the great "Uncle Ted" Nugent and he was talking about how anti gun activists are trying to push to disarm ALL americans in the U.S. Now how in the living hell could they disarm around 80 million or so and get the 300 million or so firearms of all types out of this country? That is numbers that i couldnt imagine. Now this is a serios question because i wanted to know what other peoples answers are on this. I dont see how it could be done. I would only guess that it would be an extremely slow process.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The real tragedy will be the registration of those weapons.

Once that is in place taking them away is relativly simple.

It will be the breaking point for our union. If they can crack open the constitution, and begin to disarm the population centers then expect to see road blocks around your communities while safety inspections go thru your homes while you are at work. Etc.
Anyone caught with a firearm will be subject to confiscation of property, they will take you to prision and sell your home to remove you from the voting class. Etc.
The internet will be filtered to prevent it from being a comunity. Sites like this one will be unavailable.
An artificial depression will be imposed by other countries, War, famine, Disease, energy crisis, Etc...
When the people are strapped and the pawn shops are full of firearms the Govt will step in and "Ban" all weapons one "type" one at a time. And buy them from us as part of a " social" benifits program.

Rebel communitys will spring up. And a civil war will smoulder.  But all the while our enemies will wait to "Peace Keep" for the federalists. Then we are truely fuc%ed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
FROM THE ROOF TOPS !

when/if that day comes I will become an outlaw.
when this has happened in the past thoes outlaws are now called patriots

from my cold dead hand !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FROM THE ROOF TOPS !

from my cold dead hand !

Invisiblesoul

+1
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Our best bet is to have people like myself who would rathe suffer the fate of an armed confrontation than see our constitutional rights flushed down the toilet.  Terrorists and Politicians have one obvious move they make. You can count on them to go for your children first.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:56:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=37874

I like that picture, but every time I see it I have to shake my head at the ban compliant rifle in it.

Oh, and to the question as to how they will disarm us....just ask somebody living in California. It's not something where one day we will wake up to find the gov't knocking on our door. It's a slow and methodical process that has already begun unfortunately.

Just my $0.02

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]
think they are going to have to fish all of them out of the ocean
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:29:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree that the disarmament of the USA will not happen overnight, but it will happen.  The overwhelming majority of those 80 million gun owners will turn in their guns ALL BY THEMSELVES.

No fight.  No resistence.  Just compliance.  It's just a matter of time.

The root of US citizens' apathy and spinlessness has been bred into them from birth.  On almost every TV network, every public school, and almost every written media source.  We are to obey and cooperate with "the great government," and we have been taught well.

The root of the problem is that US citizens are no longer willing to lose EVERYTHING to fight for a cause.

After all, that might cause them to have to give up their big-screen TV, or that comfy SUV.   We are not made from the same mettle (spelled that way purposely) as our grandparents and great grandparents.

However, speaking for myself, I will die to keep my firearms if only for a few minutes longer.

CMOS
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Wonder where this cap can be purchased?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that picture, but every time I see it I have to shake my head at the ban compliant rifle in it.

Oh, and to the question as to how they will disarm us....just ask somebody living in California. It's not something where one day we will wake up to find the gov't knocking on our door. It's a slow and methodical process that has already begun unfortunately.

Just my $0.02

I guess the 5.56 rounds that come out of it will be less lethal because of no supressor or bayonet lug...

That picture is an Oleg Volk creation from the Klinton Gun Ban days.

I guess my point was lost....no need for me to press it any further.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Not to be a nit pick, but at the Battle of Thermopylae, the Spartans were betrayed by another Greek, who informed the Persians of a different path through the mountains.  It was at this battle that the Spartans were killed to a man once flanked and hit from behind ... their weapons were only taken from their dead bodies...

There is a so many powerful and applicable historical lessons in this whole story and how it ended.  If only we were as strong today as they were then...  The Spartans also were from the southernmost part of Greece, in Achea, and it was they who traveled all the way to northern Greece to face the enemy.  On their trek north, they passed by much of the Greek population to fight for what those others hadn't the will to stand up against...  

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the government might be able to take some kind of control if were state by state over many many years. But to try and take away the right to bear arms all at one time would probably create own our civil war of some sort. I think there are enough citizens in the US that would not not allow the government to dictate the ability to own a firearm or not. And that alone would be a huge road block for the government to overcome.

I would include myself in that group.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:45:35 AM EDT
[#14]
How to disarm 80 million?  Kind of like eating an Elephant:

You cannot do it in one big bite; you eat it in many small bites over time...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Your point was not lost. The picture is just old

Got it.  I love the picture and what it stands for.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They can CONTINUE to disarm us the way they have been disarming us for years.

We are all the 'militia' by definition.  We are supposed to be armed as a militia with a duty to protect our country, our rights, our freedoms...against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Once they demonized 'militia' is was simple to disarm us all.

TRG

That would fall under the title of zombies and you don't belive in that unless I missed your humor over the weekend.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my $0.02

I guess the 5.56 rounds that come out of it will be less lethal because of no supressor or bayonet lug...

That picture is an Oleg Volk creation from the Klinton Gun Ban days.

Oleg Volk does all Sully's pics for his rifles allways does great work! also has a great website it is a link on TheDefensiveEdge.com web site he is very pro 2nd!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Now how in the living hell could they disarm around 80 million or so and get the 300 million or so firearms of all types out of this country?

How many illegal machine guns do you have? How many illegal silencers? None? Why? Because they are illegal and you are law-abiding. When they banned evil features for "Assault Weapons" just about everybody complied, including the little Oleg Volk girl who said she wouldn't. So that is how it will be done, by making it illegal and then having people voluntarily comply. It has already happened without incident in many states, that have strict gun control. For the few who do not comply, a $100 reward per gun will motivate your neighbor to rat you out. Still don't believe me? OK. When they came for the guns in NOLA, how many people did anything about it? Zero. Talk is cheap. You will give your guns without fanfare.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
how many people did anything about it? Zero. Talk is cheap. You will give your guns without fanfare.

Yep.  That's about how I see it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#23]
just for the record, while it seems to be the general consesus and stereotype that all gun owners on boards like arfcom, are for the most part, law abiding...........

well. I wouldn't put too much faith in that.... and no I'm not referring to me, I'm just saying don't take to heart the idea that there is no one here on the boards who would own illegal weapons because I'm sure there are and it's a little hard to trace illegal weapons.

Just a thought and no offense......

ETA: oh btw, and I think it also matters how you DEFINE "law abiding" do you mean "law abiding as in obey any law regardless of how ridiculous it is? or do you mean law abiding as in take to heart the constitution and ignore any law you know is illegal regardless of what the supreme court thinks, i.e. employ reasoning, evaluation and sound judgement on your own part.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#24]
The way I see it is the majority will turn theirs in, a few will keep quiet, and a VERY few will actually fight to keep them.  That VERY FEW is probably 1 in 10,000,000.

At that point, those VERY FEW will be demonized just like some very high profile raids gone bad of the early 1990s.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
The way I see it is the majority will turn theirs in, a few will keep quiet, and a VERY few will actually fight to keep them.  That VERY FEW is probably 1 in 10,000,000.

At that point, those VERY FEW will be demonized just like some very high profile raids gone bad of the early 1990s.

I'd say more like 1 in 10,000 would fight. maybe a little more.....

I think if shit really got ugly with confiscation and obliteration of the constitution, there would be a few to come out of the woodwork and fight and what's ironic about it all too is I think it'd be people we'd least expect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#26]

sheep lots of mindless sheep, ane we all know what happens to sheep !

that is why I say " from the roof tops "

I would not want this to happen to the greatest country in the world
and any one that thinks other wise need to get their head out of their ass

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Hard to imagine that the most current example of "Molon Labe" would be lived out by our neighbors to the north, but these Canadians are in the fight for real. Every one of them is making their position (and firearms ownership) as public as can be, and are willing to live with the consequences. Nobody wants to go on a government list, much less volunteer to create that list, but they are. That's walking the talk!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]
How did the Brits do it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How did the Brits do it?

Mandatory surrender. Their weapons had been registered for decades though.

The key to confiscation is registration. 4473's are troublesome, but useless as far as real registration goes. When you see them tell you that you have to register your firearms then know that confiscation is right around the corner.

ETA - As I've said before, the second amendment is almost dead. If keeping and bearing arms was a right then there would be no taxation, no background checks, no limits on the types of firearms that you could own, no restrictions on who can own firearms, no licensing of firearms owners and no licensing required to carry firearms.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Ok well know that ive gotten alot of opinions................if/when this all happens how many years would it be for the entire country to be disarmed? I know that no one know's the true answer but i see it if they really pushed this hard and i mean HARD i would see it happening in ten years or so. Its just worrysome for me and im sure all of you and many many more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#32]
It would be really easy.  Pass a law banning all firearms.  Not many would resist.  Proabably less than 5% of this board would resist and less than .1% of the general population. Perhaps 50K might resist in the whole of the United States.  45K of those would be passive resisters and about 5K would fight.  There would be no cohesive effort to resist and these people would be outed over about a 10 year period.  So 500 people would fight to the death per year.  More people are murdered than that each year.  Noone would notice or care.  Just look at Australia.  I honestly think there might be 5 with NO ZEROS fight in the whole of the US over a gun canfiscation.  Yep 5 people.  No life, no kids, no money, depressed and suicidal anyway they would make a stand and get mowed down.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd say more like 1 in 10,000 would fight. maybe a little more.....

I think if shit really got ugly with confiscation and obliteration of the constitution, there would be a few to come out of the woodwork and fight and what's ironic about it all too is I think it'd be people we'd least expect.

It would not be you because the govt is already watching you..... closely.

Also quite honestly how do you FIGHT?  You cant really.  Youd have to organise an overthrow of the entire government.  Youd have to start a revolutionary movement.  That is not happening in this country.  We like pizza and beer.

You cant fight the military, you cant get to the representatives and if you off them someone takes their place, hell back in the day people said they would not stand for an assault weapons ban.

DID YOU NOTICE HOW MANY PEOPLE FOUGHT TO THE DEATH OVER THAT ONE?  Wake up people... noone is gonna do jack shit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#34]
How much stroke does the NRA really have?

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#35]
It would require large numbers of people willing to fight for the right to come together in groups.  Everyone barricading themselves in their homes and protecting "their" guns from confiscation would not work.  Strength in numbers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:07:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Not all Canadians have given up their machine guns. I was talking to a few at the SHOT show last month and they said they  still shoot them .
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#37]
To simply answer the question...

Quoted:
Now how in the living hell could they disarm around 80 million or so and get the 300 million or so firearms of all types out of this country?

Incrementalism.

It might take 20, 50, 100 years, but until gun owners as a group stand up for what's right, our gun rights will slowly deteriorate over time.

NFA 34
GCA 68
FOPA 86 (ban of newly manufactured machine guns)
Import ban 89
SAW/High Cap ban 94
California bans
New York bans
New Jersey bans
Mass-o-two-shits bans
Connecticut bans
DC bans
Registration of firearms in many states
Limits on firearm purchases in many states
Waiting periods, carry restrictions, ammo restrictions, magazine restrictions, size restrictions, weight restrictions, operating system restrictions, storage restrictiions, and on and on...

While the expiration of the 94 ban was a huge victory for gun owners, it is but a small speed bump on the anti-gunner's road.

Granted, more and more people seem to have been swayed by the 9/11 attacks and other world events, but all it takes is one Columbine to fling those people back to the other side of the fence.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
While the expiration of the 94 ban was a huge victory for gun owners, it is but a small speed bump on the anti-gunner's road.

That could be seen as a failure in itself, just because you win back a right that never should have been taken away to begin with doesn't make it a victory.  You have to ask, how was this taken away to begin with?  That was nothing in the long run, it did nothing to stop the gradual degradation of our 2nd Amendment rights.  They are continuing to erode on all other fronts.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#39]
"This year will go down in history for the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficent, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

Adolph Hilter
                                         April 15 1935
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#40]
"Gun registration is not enough"

Attorney General Janet Reno
                                   December 10 1993
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#41]
" When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to ammericans... and so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limti it. Thats what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing project, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that to try to make people safer in their communities"

President Bill Clinton
                                  March 22 1994
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#42]
"What good does it do to ban some guns. All guns should be banned"

Senator Howard Metzanbaum (D-OH)
sorry no date
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
"This year will go down in history for the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficent, and the world will follow our lead into the future."

Adolph Hilter
                                         April 15 1935

Don't use that one.  There's no documentation to back up that Hitler ever used it.

ETA:  www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcbogus.html
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That could be seen as a failure in itself, just because you win back a right that never should have been taken away to begin with doesn't make it a victory.  You have to ask, how was this taken away to begin with?  That was nothing in the long run, it did nothing to stop the gradual degradation of our 2nd Amendment rights.  They are continuing to erode on all other fronts.

Well, good point.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#45]
+2

Quoted:

Quoted:
FROM THE ROOF TOPS !

from my cold dead hand !

Invisiblesoul

+1

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Me too

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my $0.02

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#48]
THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT HAVE TO DISARM US------

ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS MAKE IT  ILLEGAL TO BUY AMMO.

STOP THE SELL OF AMMO AND THE GUN IS A STICK.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda like a Brit tries to tell his friends: "If we gave a little into the demand of the colonists in the New World, we would still have what's USA right now."

Come on.  It's in the past.  You use them as a learning experience and a motivation to better our position in the future...Focus what we possibly can do NOW for our gun rights.

On a side note:  You know what DUh.com has been bitching about the last election when Bush won the second term and Republican has the majority in Congress?   'NRA is too strong, having too much $$$ to spend....', 'Maybe using anti-gun issue as a main platform from Democrat candidate is not a good idea after all...',.....

AMEN MOJO
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#50]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top