Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 12:20:26 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1086285
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's becoming common place.... and what is the number up to this week on the wet side... 5 is it?.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of discussion in GD... Enough idiot comments there, no need to bring it here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
First thing you do if you think there is a prowler on your property is call 911.  Just that one phone call can keep this from happening again.  If you really want to go outside to check it out after that, at least if there is a cop prowling around your private property you both might know it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

First thing you do if you think there is a prowler on your property is call 911.  Just that one phone call can keep this from happening again.  If you really want to go outside to check it out after that, at least if there is a cop prowling around your private property you both might know it.

vice versa. The cop should inform the property owners, that he'll be patrolling that night (it was by request of property owners there).

Make friendly so they know each other face to face and verbally.

Dark conditions, a "drop your gun, I'm a LE" command is dubious.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
(it was by request of property owners there).

This part I did not know.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

(it was by request of property owners there).

This part I did not know.

I have heard/read that it was Mr Creah (the property ownwr/deceased) and a neighboring property owner who reported a prowler and requested increased Po=po patrols in the neighborhood.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah it's ironic and tragic. YOPD said it right, the prop owners should call 911 before coming out in the dark

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

First thing you do if you think there is a prowler on your property is call 911.

But you posted yesterday that where you live there may be a very slow response time or no response at all and if there is there will be no back up. Yet your plan is to call 911?

Please use arrows in future posts to indicate which side of your mouth you're talking out of.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh snap.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, if you make friendly then hopefully you exchange cell-phone numbers. or another means to communicate.

Though it could be very awkward to be on a patrol on property and have your phone ring all of a sudden
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
First thing you do if you think there is a prowler on your property is call 911.

But you posted yesterday that where you live there may be a very slow response time or no response at all and if there is there will be no back up. Yet your plan is to call 911?

Please use arrows in future posts to indicate which side of your mouth you're talking out of.

So if I confront someone it's recorded, and CRESA knows that there is a real problem that needs a response ASAP, which might mean sending an officer from the town of Washougal, a 5-10 minute response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top