Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 7:48:36 PM EDT
 My latest project AR is almost done, if you want pics then someone with a good digi camera and a place to host the picture will have to assist.
 It started out as an AR carbine for as cheap as I could make it.  That idea didn't last, blame TxLewis and El Roto for their harebrained lightweight ideas for corrupting the cheap AR.  It's a skinny, pencil barrel, naked muzzle flattop in Coyote Brown.  I'm waiting for the DPMS rear sight, not a flip up, from Kiesler's to get here.  It's about 3-4 inches shorter than my all RRA parts homemade 16" HBAR A2 with Wilson comp.  It also weighs a ton less.
 I'm thinking about tossing the charging handle and getting a new one from RRA, you wouldn't think it but there is a difference.  I may splurge for a NM trigger group.  The EO Tech 511 is on layaway, I'll have it next paycheck.  I got the C4 handguards, I may swap those out for the skinny standard carbine ones.

Anyways, the dumb thing started as an idea to see if I could build an AR for the wife for under $450.  It's at about $680, not including a NM trigger group $120, new skinny handguards $35 and a better charging handle $11.

For my next trick I'll make a stubby bull barreled flattop with no irons for under $400....does this building your own stuff ever stop?

mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top