Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:49:35 PM EDT
I will be at one of my favorite places in Oregon breathing in the fresh breeze and enjoying some fun time. 2005 has been good for me. In 2006 I hope to take the next step with that special someone. I hope to continue to achieve my personal goals in my life at home and at work. I hope I can continue to make my loved ones feel treasured, safe, and special. I hope to beat Mike at Practical Rifle.
As far as the world goes, I hope the natural disasters stop or we at least see less of them. I hope the war in Iraq starts to settle down. I hope our government gives us back rights they have taken away, and everyone I know has a great year!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
In 2006 I hope to take the next step with that special someone.

Uh-oh.

I hope to beat Mike at Practical Rifle.

Mike's tough to beat. He and Robert are typically in the top 15 out of 50+. Most of us "internet buddies" are "below average".

I need to finish moving in. Be a bit more sociable with the ladies. Reduce the debt load. Place better than average in Practical Rifle. Drop about 10-20 pounds.

Overall, 2005 has been a big surprise to me. I'm making more money than I ever have before (by about 60% more than the last job). I never thought I'd go this overboard with guns. I've met quite a few new good people (Mike, yourself, Boo, Cape, Robert, etc. etc.). So aside from the selfish nitpicking above, my only wish is for my parents to get themselves back on their feet so they can enjoy the years they have left.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be spending new years eve at disneyland with my girlfriend of nearly 3 years.

Hope to focus more on school this year, finish projects that I start or tell people I'll do (quicker), and I'd like to celebrate my 21st birthday this year by getting my CCW, a good carry pistol, and my C&R license.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I will be at the Oregon Coast

dude!. i thought we were going to have a bash at your hizzouse!.. lame!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Gunkata you are more than welcome to spend New Year's with us. We were hoping you would want to come with. What do you think?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Overall, I'd say '05 was better to me than '04. It was still kinda rough on me though and I'm glad to be shut of it.
I plan on raising a glass to friends and family still and friends and family gone. Then, I'll have another dedicated to my enemies and drink to their ill health and expiditious demise.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Gunkata you are more than welcome to join us atthe coast. We were hoping you and others would want to come with. What do you think?

I'll see if Alex want's to go to..  Hope there be some Single Ladies for 2 Wild and CaRAZY GUYS!..
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]

I'll see if Alex want's to go to..  

He will be working.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll see if Alex want's to go to..  

He will be working.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will be at the Oregon Coast

dude!. i thought we were going to have a bash at your hizzouse!.. lame!

Why can't we have a party at their house anyway?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#11]
This past year has been a long and sometimes trying. Alot has happened that I am greteful for and some that have been very difficult.
We moved my father in with us and walked him down the last few steps of his life.
Delt with some unfun things with the family as a result.
Lost contact with a sister that I worry about everyday.

but on the bright side....
Kids are doing great
Spent more time with one of my sisters.
I have accepted a job that will likely carry me thru retirement
Moved into a new place saving a few hundred bucks a month
Made lots of new friends
More active in shooting again (thanks ARFCOM)

This next year I hope to spend more time with my kids as that time is running out fast. My oldest is almost 14 and has less and less time for dear old dad. I hope to keep going forward with work and my schooling. Hope that the Mrs either quites her job or cuts back to part time. She deserves a little time off. I Hope that my family stays healthy and happy.I also hope ya'll have a good new year.

CH

OH and I hope the Peta stops sending me pictures of him and livestock. It really is nasty!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#12]
New Year's will be spent here at my place with my wife's family.  Hopefully I will be drunk and hitting on her sister while my brother-in-law laughs while drinking all my top shelf liquor.

As for the rest of the year, finish all the projects I didn't get done this year... and make it to a PR match.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#13]

... and make it to a PR match

+1 would love to see you out there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#15]
So far it sounds like 05' was a year that carried a lot of stress, financial burden, and family drama. I would have to say that is true for me too. In 05' the world and economy has taken many twists and turns and I think when this happens you start to look at your own life and realize what is really important to you and how you can make changes to make you and your loved ones happier, healthier, and more prosperous. I hope everything everyone is striving for happens for you and when we reflect on our year next year all of us have a smiles on our faces and we can say it was great!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I would also hope that we, meaning the the Oregon arfcom members can plan a mid summer bash! Maybe a weekend long camping trip, or weekend on a couple houseboats over at three rivers or a beach house/s  or  Ranch house out in the sticks or ??? I have 2 daughters that can help with babysittting during the weekend to ease with bringing the little ones as they certainly are welcome! Free up mommy and daddy for a little fun time!

Doesnt have to be a shooting venue just a fun weekend to bring the families together, introduce loved ones, kids and other friends. Somthing that WS4LIF and I have talked about putting together for some time now.

CH
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#17]
That sounds like fun.......we could use a weekend away, even if it's with you guys
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#18]
I second that. I know WS4LIF was talking about something in the past. But a pure "social" event would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
'05 has seen many changes for me and my wife.  We moved from our house into another larger house (money issues) with my aunt.  So far its not working out as I had hoped.  I am changing jobs starting early in '06 after a great deal of frustration at my current job.  On the up side, my wife who has been quite sick/depressed for many years has made a turnaround and is working again (2 jobs, somtimes 70+ hours a week).  Its good to see her out and about again.  I have met some good people from here (Tracker, Spambo, Unka-Boo, Q-man, etc... and did go to the Oregon Firearms Academy with Tracker (good stuff).  Some of you may still not know who I am cuz I'm just not that social.  I hope this new job allows me to go to practical rifle more often.  I would like to go at least 13 times this year.  I said "like to".    

I would like to see the troops come home from Iraq/Afganistan as soon as they can.  

Mike's tough to beat. He and Robert are typically in the top 15 out of 50+. Most of us "internet buddies" are "below average".

Speak for yourself  

Wow cape, never knew it was such a trying year for you and your family. Here is to wishing you the best for all of what you want

werd!

That sounds like fun.......we could use a weekend away, even if it's with you guys

That does sou...   HEY!

Mark.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#20]
A weekend away would be great. Camping would be a lot of fun. Cove Palisades is a great campground outside of Madras. It has a group area in the B loop which could be reserved and would work out great. Just an idea.They have great kids activities there through the park rangers and a lot of fun outdoors stuff like boating, swimming, hiking, biking, and fishing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A weekend away would be great. Camping would be a lot of fun. Cove Palisades is a great campground outside of Madras. It has a group area in the B loop which could be reserved and would work out great. Just an idea.They have great kids activities there through the park rangers and a lot of fun outdoors stuff like boating, swimming, hiking, biking, and fishing.

The cove is a great place. We have a few acres in Three Rivers, though not enough to support a full blown campout. Its fate is still in the air at the moment as its tied up in a family dispute. ANyway,  I spent many-o-summer there as a kid and been all over that lake. That lake has been an important part of our lives for a very long time.

CH
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Dude lets so go!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Cape my family used to go to Cove the first full week in August every summer all through my childhood. We would go with about 10 - 15 other families and it was a blast. Just driving over there and smelling the dry air with that great Juniper smell brings back so many memories. I would love to go back!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I would also hope that we, meaning the the Oregon arfcom members can plan a mid summer bash! Maybe a weekend long camping trip, or weekend on a couple houseboats over at three rivers or a beach house/s  or  Ranch house out in the sticks or ??? I have 2 daughters that can help with babysittting during the weekend to ease with bringing the little ones as they certainly are welcome! Free up mommy and daddy for a little fun time!

Doesnt have to be a shooting venue just a fun weekend to bring the families together, introduce loved ones, kids and other friends. Somthing that WS4LIF and I have talked about putting together for some time now.

CH

Anyone up for bear hunting??

No real goals for me other than surviving and having a better year than last year!  

Patty

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sure! Should I bring a bow or my knife?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Had a year similar to Cape's. Watched my father sucumb to pneumonia as a consequence of a brain tumor (one or the other would have gotten him). Employment has been up and down, down at the moment. Ont the other hand, I am out of construction for good now...career change!
My wife is pregnant and expecting a girl around the first of May-we will have been married 13 years by that time and this is our first child.
Have lots of house projects to take care of (many having to do with a new bedroom), and my Bronco is laid up at the moment also, awaiting install of front gears....amongst many other things.
Hope to get a few things wrapped up this year to make room for the inevitable new crisis.

Nick
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Well damn it sounds like we all had quite the year.

My problems with my feet is almost all better, makes PR easier. We had are third and last child, our little supprise. But the fact that at my work we've been short two people most of the year has added more stress than I want/can to deal with. I handle it better at work and end up taking it out on the ones I love. My marrage has been hanging by a thread for the last three-to-four years. So '05 has suck pretty much for me with the exception of hanging out with the ARF crew and going to PR, my activities to blow off some much needs steam. I sold my truck, and once it was gone the wife said we could've sold the honda, Yah right!

For '06 I hope the work issue takes care of it's self. My relationship with my SO improves. Be a little softer on the kids, and not be the grumpy daddy. I hope to get my mom into a assisted living home. Go camping with my son again and maybe as a family. Keep taking my son to scouts and my oldest daughter to see our horse, which she loves so very much. But is very old, 30+ years old. For my baby girl I hope to keep her smiling and giggling. And hopefully keep my head and household above water. So I won't be keeping up with CH and WS4LIF.

If '06 turns out to be more like '05 than not then I doubt I'll still be married by '07.

Oh and if Ultvikingfan see this, get your A$$ back to work.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure! Should I bring a bow or my knife?

Depends, how fast do you run?

Petagunner's right about us needing to be a bit more positive.  One thing I've figured out in my middle age [as much as it pains me to say that] is that no matter how bad it is, it can get worse.  So chins up, chest out, best foot forward!

[John_Wayne] We're burning Daylight [/John_Wayne]

Patty
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#30]
2005 has been a terrific year for me.

I’ve gotten engaged to a wonderful woman whom I look forward to spending the rest of my life with. We are planning our wedding for the fall of 2006. I made a big move to a new company that has turned out to be right as rain in every way; only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Little sister is well and pregnant with twin girls, my parent’s first grandchildren… they’re a bit excited. The safe is a smidge fuller than it was last year at this time. Overall everything is great, I am very fortunate.

My biggest thing for 2006 will be the wedding followed by finding us a house. I’d also like to finish consistently below 100 seconds in Speed Steel. To that end I’ll be spending new years day at Tri-County for their January Speed Steel match (you’re all welcome to come out). A friend and I are planning on a trip to Kalifornia for the International Revolver Championship (someone has to loose, right). And I hope to remain busy at work and see my business grow. Pretty basic stuff, but that’s what makes up most of my life.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe new year.

-Chris

Oh, it’s not so hard to beat Mike and Robert, I believe I did my second time out…  

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Damn, are we a sorry bunch or what?  I think I need to go back and edit my post to throw some posotive things that happened to me this year to help turn the tide some

I think we all need to think posotive, no matter what

I think through it all we have been pretty positive. Even a ratty old coat keeps you warm.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh..,  and my dog died.
J/K

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#33]
ilike9's you should be ashamed. you got an "oh that's soo sad" from me until I scrolled a little further. Shame Shame!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top