Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:18:30 PM EDT
Specifically hwy 287 / hwy 20.  I'm driving out to IF next week to see my girlfriend and I'm trying to decide which way I want to go.  Obviously the weather will have a big effect on my decision and if it's anything like SD, it will change every half hour the whole way there.  I would rather not go all the way to I-15 if I can help it since that adds an extra hour or more to an already 10+ hour drive, but I'll be in my car so I should stay on decent roads.  So far her opinion of the snow plowing abilities of the Idaho DOT is not that great, so she thinksI-90 to Butte and then I-15 might be my best bet during the winter.  Has anyone been between Bozeman and Idaho Falls lately?  I'm assuming there is quite a bit of traffic in the west yellowstone and island park areas during the snowmobile season, but they're in 4WD trucks too usually so the road conditions might not be good enough for a car still.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:09:32 AM EDT
[#1]

I drove over to Ennis from Twin Bridges the other day and the roads were all clear, with no ice. We have pretty good weather forecast for at least the next week.

Boarslayer

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Road conditions....you can get maps for all the states around here. Weather is beautifull up here right now.

http://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/map/butmap_frame.html
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I got stuck 10 miles out of IF last monday.

lots of snow, but if your gf is cute, I'll keep her warm for you  

j/k

We got new snow two nights ago, and more supposed to be here tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, as long as it doesn't snow, it looks like I'll be able to go south from Bozeman.  Hopefully.  I would rather not make an already long and boring trip even longer and more boring.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top