Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
Ok, this may be off gun topic, but I have a lot of guns and I am a HUGE St. Louis Cardinals Fan.  Congrats to the Cards on their World Series Championship.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!!!

I admit that I didn't think they had much of a chance after the way they finished out the regular season, but this is awesome!  I only wish I had a ticket to the game.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi Im from nextdoor...

WHEEWWWWW!!!!

This is awesome! The first WS title in my lifetime! How about Weaver, and Eckstein, and Yadiar?! How great that the bottom of the order of the underdog team carried them to a championship! This heals the awful pain of '04. Ill enjoy this for a long time. Ive only missed a few innings of Cardinal games on TV in October and it was worth it!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about the best baseball post season run I've ever watched.  Better than '82, which I remember fairly well.  You gotta love being the biggest underdog coming into the playoffs and running the table for the championship!

Too bad I wasn't able to watch the whole game, as I am STILL working on a tape backup library issue at work, but I got to see all the key moments including the last 1/2 inning.  You know, no matter how much you get paid, it just doesn't seem worth it sometimes.  I want to go to sleep.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
seems fitting for them to win after one critic said the only problem Detroit should have is being able to stop laughing at the redbirds long enough to play baseball.  Perfect ending to an up-and-down season.  Who woulda thunk it!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We did it.
After all those who kept saying we shouldn't even made the playoffs we still did it.
After all those who gave up each and every game as soon as we fell behind and all those who kept telling everyone else we would find a way to blow it we still did it.
Hey, we are A number freakin' 1!!!
St. Louis Cardinals, World Series Champs 2006!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
It was great to see them win it in the new stadium.  It was even better the Eck win the car.  Now, he can stop driving around the 98 Honda his sister gave him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:07:08 AM EDT
[#7]
it was awesome
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed being at the game.    

Oh and the two winning NLCS games the series before.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I had plans to drive over for the game and/or celebrations, but couldn't due to one of the guys having to go to NC for training
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pics?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Ok, in the nicest way possible....YOU SUCK!  I tried everything I knew to get tickets before the scalpers got all of them and I didn't want to give up a rifle to go to the game.

Honestly, I am sure the games were awesome and I you have something to remember.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll have to get them from my sister.  I took a few with my Razr but I'm sure hers are a lot better.  I'll post them up when she gets them to me.

Ok, in the nicest way possible....YOU SUCK! I tried everything I knew to get tickets before the scalpers got all of them and I didn't want to give up a rifle to go to the game.

Honestly, I am sure the games were awesome and I you have something to remember.

They were excellent.  I've never been to a Cards game before this year's post season that had half the intensity from the fans.  The only one that came close was when I was at the game where Mark McGuire broke the home run record.

Sometimes you have to have the right connections.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

did the ball hitting the leather on the last out sound as good in person as it did on tv?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did the ball hitting the leather on the last out sound as good in person as it did on tv?

Even from the nosebleed seats.  

Seriously, as loud as it was before the last pitch, there's no way that you could actually hear it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'll have to get them from my sister.  I took a few with my Razr but I'm sure hers are a lot better.  I'll post them up when she gets them to me.

Ok, in the nicest way possible....YOU SUCK! I tried everything I knew to get tickets before the scalpers got all of them and I didn't want to give up a rifle to go to the game.

They were excellent.  I've never been to a Cards game before this year's post season that had half the intensity from the fans.  The only one that came close was when I was at the game where Mark McGuire broke the home run record.

Sometimes you have to have the right connections.

I would do anything to get a few tix to opening day '07.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Ok, in the nicest way possible....YOU SUCK!  

Yeah, I'm going to have to second this sentiment.  

I've been to winning NLCS games before, but I've never been to a World Series game before.  I'd love to go to one, but I just can't justify $1000 for one ticket to one game.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I went to game 4 of the '04 series. I guess if I had to see the Cards lose, it was at least a historic game. Couldnt get as lucky this year. I heard on the radio this morning that this years world series was the least watched in history. I wonder what gives?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I went to game 4 of the '04 series. I guess if I had to see the Cards lose, it was at least a historic game. Couldnt get as lucky this year. I heard on the radio this morning that this years world series was the least watched in history. I wonder what gives?

Two midwestern teams, nobody on the coasts cared.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top