Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/1/2007 12:40:13 PM EDT
I just got home. I got sent home early from drill because I live out of town. How about you guys?

Making it around ok?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I never went anywhere.   It sucks down here, esp, since I need to get out and try out a "new" H&K P7...I've used weapons in worse, but not if I can help it, especially with all the idiots on the road around here who think that 4wd means that you hit the accelerator when it gets slick, I've heard them out and about all day.  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I only had to work from 8 this morning until noon.  They hadn't touched the roads when I went in and they were solid ice.  When I came home they were a little better.  

The IDOT crews were working there asses off trying to get the ice off the roadway but as usual the county crews were still nowhere to be found.  

No work tomorrow, just sit inside and watch football!  
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Went out for opening day (shotgun season 1), started sleeting about 06:15. By time we got home we were covered in ice! Didn't even get one.

Just got off the phone with my parents, Dad said they just got their power back, after it being out for 2-3 hrs. Other than this morning I have not been outside, nor do I plan on it. I'll just sit at home & listen to the ice covered branches fall on the roof.

So yeah, the weather sux in FM too!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in St Louis till the end of next week so I'm not too bad...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
a bunch of my damn gutters are broken off...  

more spring work...

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
my car turned into a block of ice....
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Worked Saturday morning.  Worst part was keeping windshield clear.  Got home about one and stayed.  Roads in town weren't bad (IC area) but I wouldn't have wanted to go out in the country.  Power stayed on.

Deer hunting reports were not good.  Friend got decent buck early Saturday but their group only got a couple more by noon.  Very poor showing for that bunch.  This year I changed my usual plans and am going second season.  And I am sooooo glad I did.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:27:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Snow is one thing but this ice is pissing me off, took me 30-40mins to break all the ice on my car so i could drive to hyvee and get a bottle of crown (figured if im not going anywhere i might as well have a drink)

meh, cant wait till spring.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I want to be stuck in a snow storm with you
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
A buddy and I stopped by Erinies and picked up his new RR M4 then went out to the range and shot. Could hear the slug guys going at it every once in awhile.  Had a great time till I tried to lock the gate and it was all froze up.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife and I just got back from Vegas last night. Sure was nice out there, highs in the low 60's.having
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top