Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 2:01:43 AM EDT
My local range has been rebuilding its wall for almost 5 months now and it is pissing me off. No rifles allowed until it is finished. I refuse to go to Carters Country because I have a forward grip on my post-ban AR-15 and it is illegal! Yes you read that correctly, they are complete morons. Not to mention I want air conditioning, need to shoot after dark, and do not want to wait to retrieve my target...and most especially I am not going to leave a 2k rifle sitting on a rack 2 feet from someones car while I am 50-100 yards away placing a new target.

So, I am in search of a new indoor range that allows rifles, and has at least the tiniest amount of firearm law in their heads. Not a complete moron who tells me my perfectly legal rifle is illegal. Where do I go in Houston? HELP!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Pasadena Gun Center if you're desperate.  The ventilation is horrible. And after being kind of ripped off on a rental, I quit going there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been there. It seemed really small and they were closing as I walked in unfortunately. I'd rather just make the trek out to Sam Houston NF and do it right.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My local range has been rebuilding its wall for almost 5 months now and it is pissing me off. No rifles allowed until it is finished. I refuse to go to Carters Country because I have a forward grip on my post-ban AR-15 and it is illegal! Yes you read that correctly, they are complete morons. Not to mention I want air conditioning, need to shoot after dark, and do not want to wait to retrieve my target...and most especially I am not going to leave a 2k rifle sitting on a rack 2 feet from someones car while I am 50-100 yards away placing a new target.

So, I am in search of a new indoor range that allows rifles, and has at least the tiniest amount of firearm law in their heads. Not a complete moron who tells me my perfectly legal rifle is illegal. Where do I go in Houston? HELP!!!

You must normally use sportsmans outlet
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Correct. Apparently they don't seem too concerned that half a year has gone by with half of their business being useless.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Correct. Apparently they don't seem too concerned that half a year has gone by with half of their business being useless.

Yes, I would go there several times a week during my lunch break and practice with my G26.  I think I shot my bushy there on one of the last days they allowed rifles.  I had no clue that they were doing anything to the range.  One day I drove like 40+ miles to take my kid brother shooting only to have them tell me that rifles were not allowed. They then informed me that they were repairing the wall.  Funny thing is that they acted like there was never any rifles allowed on the range.  For a few mins I thought I was the reason that the range needed repair.  I asked them if rifles were ever allowed they aswered yes. Ok it wasn't my fault!!
Yeah the place seems to be I don't wanna say going downhill, but well......
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
What's the deal on the SHNF since it re-opened? Rapid fire allowed? Full auto? What kind of targets?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#7]
They insist they are working on it...just awaiting the parts.

Sam Houston NF: heard a few folks made it out there when it re-opened in ealry October. Also, paper targets and clays only. I still plan to bring my usual truckload of milk cartons anyway though. I clean my target stuff up afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Marksman Indoor Range

507 Nebraska
S. Houston, TX
713-944-3920

I don't think I have ever seen anyone shoot their rifles there other than pistol caliber.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top