Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 9:54:05 AM EDT
Houston area ranges that have web sites.
www.sportsmanstacticalshooters.com/sportsmansoutlet.php  (great indoor range and people are not snobs!)
www.amshootcenters.com/
www.hotwellsshootingrange.com/
www.topgunrange.com/
www.psc-range.com/
if i missed anyone let me know and i will add them. we need to support our good shops and ranges.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
carter's country
memorial shooting club
asc
impact zone
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Just moved out to Pearland.  I seem to remember someone mentioning a range out here.  Anyone help me out?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#3]
bailey's house of guns
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just moved out to Pearland.  I seem to remember someone mentioning a range out here.  Anyone help me out?

Pearland Sportsmans Club.

www.psc-range.com
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Marksmans Indoor Range off Hwy 3 and Nebraska in South Houston.  

The one off FM 2351 between Beemer and the Gulf Freeway (Sportsman's Shooting Center) seems to be hit or miss lately....never sure when you drive up if Don's got the store open or not.

There's a REAL nice shooting club down the road in Friendswood, but it's kind of pricey unless you shoot A LOT.

HH
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]

PSC is on 528 almost to the 35 bypass near Alvin.(See the other guy's link above)  It's a private club and it's worth it to not go to a pay to shoot place.  When I was a member back in 95 they had a nice 100-200 yard area, various pistol ranges and a single 300 yard bench as well as a super nice shotgun area.  Lotsa good folks there. Plenty of organized matches if yer into compitition. I haven't found any places as good up here in DFW.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
If I say a negative opinion on here, I might be on the receiving end of more negative comments, so I'll just recommend a few places.

Sportsman's Outlet Indoor Shooting Center is pretty nice.  They fill up fast though. (Damn, I hope that's not too much bitching)

well hell, I don't have only good things to say about any of the other ranges listed here on the packing.org gun range list.

I really miss Lake Houston Gun Range damnit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 PSC is on 528 almost to the 35 bypass near Alvin.(See the other guy's link above)  It's a private club and it's worth it to not go to a pay to shoot place.  When I was a member back in 95 they had a nice 100-200 yard area, various pistol ranges and a single 300 yard bench as well as a super nice shotgun area.  Lotsa good folks there. Plenty of organized matches if yer into compitition. I haven't found any places as good up here in DFW.

Yes, I am a current member down at PSC.  I go there almost exclusively now.  Not having every yahoo in the world sitting 3 feet away from you, firing spent brass straight at you and your gun, is well worth every penny.  At PSC, I have tons of room to bring all my tools, toys and can park with my tailgate 8 feet from the bench.  Very often I am the only one, or one of only a few, people there.  

I live out by 1960 and 290, so it is 55 MILES each way from my house, but I still find it worth going.  Additionally, you can fire as many guns as you want.. there is no 'pay by gun' charge like the public ranges.

They have a 300 yard line, as well.  Often, they have an 18" manhole cover hanging at that distance, and I love plinking it with my Remmy 700.  Hearing that 'ting' sound is great.

Having said all that, don't join.  The less people that know about it the less busy it will be when I go.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If I say a negative opinion on here, I might be on the receiving end of more negative comments, so I'll just recommend a few places.

Sportsman's Outlet Indoor Shooting Center is pretty nice.  They fill up fast though. (Damn, I hope that's not too much bitching)

well hell, I don't have only good things to say about any of the other ranges listed here on the packing.org gun range list.

wow, you're still on here posting?  I thought you decided to stop.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow, you're still on here posting?  I thought you decided to stop.

When did I say that exactly?  I must have missed it.  Could you quote me?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Bayou Rifles just south of Hwy 6 and west of Hwy 288 on CR 57. Nice place with 600 and 1000 yd range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top