Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:11:22 AM EDT
I live in Beaumont and was told there was a bunch of class 3 dealers in the Houston area. I am looking to buy either a RDIAS or a RR. ANyone have any suggestions on where in Houston to go? Web sites maybe?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:28:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:09:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 11:13:50 AM EDT by pazzo]
I am a C-III dealer. I do NFA Title II transfers for $40 (Title I guns for $20, $15 with CHL).

If you are looking for a DIAS it would probably be best to cruise the NFA for Sale board at www.subguns.com and of course look here under the Equipment Exchange/NFA Board.

Once you find what you are looking for have your local C-III dealer exchange info with the seller's dealer (if out of state) and get the item shipped here. Then you go through the Form 4 process.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:11:38 AM EDT
yea and pazzo but i don't have his number.

sorry pazzo. didn't mean to snub you
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:14:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hk940:
yea and pazzo but i don't have his number.

sorry pazzo. didn't mean to snub you

No Problemo
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:04:21 PM EDT
+1 for pazzo.
He's my Class III crack dealer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:14:50 AM EDT
Email sent about a Colt RR.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:03:48 PM EDT
I am a Class 02 in the Houston area. Here are your options:

(1) Buy from an individual here in Texas. Gun can form directly to you. This means no sales tax and only one $200.00 transfer tax.

(2) Buy from a dealer in Texas. You will have to pay sales tax and one $200.00 transfer tax, and the transfer must take place at the dealer's licenses business address (or gun show if the dealer is set up there).

(3) Buy from an out of state individual or dealer. You pay the seller in full for the weapon and send the seller your local class 02 or 03 dealer's license. The weapon will transfer from the seller to your local dealer, usually in about 4 to 12 weeks. Once the weapon makes it here to your local dealer, you start the paperwork to transfer to you ($200.00 transfer tax to you). This saves you big bucks as you only pay sales tax on the dealer's transfer fee (mine is $50.00) compared to the sale price of the weapon ($9,000.00?). Check and see if the out of state weapon is on a Form 3 or Form 4. If it is on a Form 3, it can transfer to your local dealer tax free - saving you an additionall $200.00 transfer. If the gun is out of state and on a Form 4, you will have to have it transfered to a local dealer which is one $200.00 transfer, then have the dealer transfer to you which is a second $200.00.

Best advice is to find a texas non-ffl resident seller, Second best option is to find the weapon you want on the Web (www.Subguns.com, sturmgewehr.com, gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, gunsamerica.com, etc.). Have it shipped in to a local dealer.

Keith Norman

NFA Investments, A BATFE Licensed Firearms Manufacturer
Keith Norman, owner
Tel. (281) 639-0026
Type 07 FFL / Class 02 SOT
Web: www.NFAinvestments.com
Email: keith@NFAinvestments.com
Top Top