Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 9:32:19 AM EDT
this was a pretty neat place to eat at and since no one's posted anything as of yet, I figure I should go ahead and post another one

maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=5015+Kirby+Dr&csz=Houston%2C+Tx+77098&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
cool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
used to work right by there, can't believe I've never heard of it.

What do they have to eat?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:07:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Fair enough
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#5]
steak, chips/dip, nachos, salads,  sandwiches and various other things. this is on kirby guys.... you can't miss it cause of the big fucking armadillo outside it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it where Goode Co. BBQ is or in the dining car where Goode Co. seafood is? or is it new?

And the serious question.

Can one smoke cigars there?

www.houstonpress.com/issues/2005-04-28/dining/cafe.html

This is a bit worrisome

"My biggest complaint with the Armadillo Palace's menu is the $3.95 charge for chips and salsa. That's like a French restaurant charging for bread and butter. Free chips and salsa is a God-given right. Charging for them is un-Texan."

you can smoke cigars. SC lights up every time he goes. heh.

yeah but that's a huge thing of chips and dip, plus you can get assorted things with it. 3.95 for a big platter of chips and dip basically. it's not a small basket of chips and a bowl of dip. it's more than that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll plan on being there with the Mrs.

I tore down the M16 and discovered it is time to change uppers. Nice crack near the threads.
If anyone coming out Tuesday night has one they can part with (for a price, of corse), please let me know in advance.  I prefer A2 or A3, but A1 is OK as well. Beggars can't be... New is OK, used is better in this case.

Keith

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I tore down the M16 and discovered it is time to change uppers. Nice crack near the threads.
If anyone coming out Tuesday night has one they can part with (for a price, of corse), please let me know in advance.  I prefer A2 or A3, but A1 is OK as well. Beggars can't be... New is OK, used is better in this case.

Keith

i know one who has a nylon one for sale  

it mignt be fun to see the gun puke the barrel  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll be there.

going to redeem yourself eh?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there.

Does he need redemption?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I too would like to see this - with the chips and dip...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there.

Tim...you won't be there.  You don't have a hair on your ass if...wait...do you have a hair on your ass?

I'll try to see you all out there - I will be sans plastic upper as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Tim will be there!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keith

If someone wants to sign a waiver and pull the trigger on that thing, I'll supply the upper.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keith

If someone wants to sign a waiver and pull the trigger on that thing, I'll supply the upper.

let me work on this one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry guys, Cant make it...

Training first!!!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there. i have a Mooney rented.

SCTexas, i have something for you.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Cool!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#22]
well at least the meet was salvaged......so all is well
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:49:39 AM EDT
[#23]
The Houston Crew has a Tuesday night meet and i witnessed some of the worst driving on the way to get a beer that i have EVER seen.  

four lane road with a center turning lane.  i am in the turning lane stopped and waiting to turn across traffic.   there is a car in the right lane of the oncoming traffic.  he has his right blinker on and is going to make a right turn directly in front of me so i think i will just cut in behind him and follow him thru the turn and get out of the way of oncoming traffic.  he slows down to make the turn and i start to move across the intersection to follow him.  he notices me and stops about 1/3 of the way thru the turn and looks at me.  so i stop and look at him.  the cars behind him are coming on pretty fast and he is just sitting there in shock that either i don't see him or i would try to turn in front of him so i descide to drive around him.  

second one.  i am driving down a two lane residential road at 30 MPH.  a black crown vic cuts me off and slows down.  he swings wide to make a right into a narrow driveway and as soon as his tire is on the drive he stops blocking our lane and about half the oncoming lane.

trying to find a parking spot and i see a car coming out on my right.  sure enough there is a car facing me that is stopped and has it's blinker on.  so that's cool.  it can have the space.  i can't get there anyway because i would have to swing wide to get a shot at it.  i stop and the lady honks her horn like she is pissed i would try to steal her spot.  i motion for her to go ahead and pull in the space and she honks her horn again and flips me off.  (damn, where's the love).  she pulls in, realizes it's in front of a dumpster and not a parking space anyway and then is really pissed off.  

i drive around for ten minutes and nothing so we pack it up and go somewhere else.

Armadillo Palace is nice but not being able to find a place is a deal killer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Houston Crew has a Tuesday night meet and i witnessed some of the worst driving on the way to get a beer that i have EVER seen.  

four lane road with a center turning lane.  i am in the turning lane stopped and waiting to turn across traffic.   there is a car in the right lane of the oncoming traffic.  he has his right blinker on and is going to make a right turn directly in front of me so i think i will just cut in behind him and follow him thru the turn and get out of the way of oncoming traffic.  he slows down to make the turn and i start to move across the intersection to follow him.  he notices me and stops about 1/3 of the way thru the turn and looks at me.  so i stop and look at him.  the cars behind him are coming on pretty fast and he is just sitting there in shock that either i don't see him or i would try to turn in front of him so i descide to drive around him.  

second one.  i am driving down a two lane residential road at 30 MPH.  a black crown vic cuts me off and slows down.  he swings wide to make a right into a narrow driveway and as soon as his tire is on the drive he stops blocking our lane and about half the oncoming lane.

trying to find a parking spot and i see a car coming out on my right.  sure enough there is a car facing me that is stopped and has it's blinker on.  so that's cool.  it can have the space.  i can't get there anyway because i would have to swing wide to get a shot at it.  i stop and the lady honks her horn like she is pissed i would try to steal her spot.  i motion for her to go ahead and pull in the space and she honks her horn again and flips me off.  (damn, where's the love).  she pulls in, realizes it's in front of a dumpster and not a parking space anyway and then is really pissed off.  

i drive around for ten minutes and nothing so we pack it up and go somewhere else.

Armadillo Palace is nice but not being able to find a place is a deal killer.

yeah I tried to hail you down as you were driving away and let you know there was parking at the radio station, but oh well. it held together.

people in houston are fucking morons. they really are the worst drivers. worse than France(and I know because I've been there).

go to main st downtown if you want to see some really stupid people. They feel they have to drive 5 mph next to the traintrack even though it's a 35 zone.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#25]
It looks like everyone made it to the Tavern anayway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Dup...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn!!!  After finally getting parked I got there about 7:30.  Wasn't expecting that big a crowd.  
No body wearing camo or tin foil hats so i couldn't find you.  I sure as hell wasn't going to ask any guys if they were from anywhere internet related. Did not feel like getting my azz whupped.

I enjoyed a couple beers and listened to the band.  Left about 9.  Nice place.

I think I'll have to plan a little better next time. ....
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Damn!!!  After finally getting parked I got there about 7:30.  Wasn't expecting that big a crowd.  
No body wearing camo or tin foil hats so i couldn't find you.  I sure as hell wasn't going to ask any guys if they were from anywhere internet related. Did not feel like getting my azz whupped.

I enjoyed a couple beers and listened to the band.  Left about 9.  Nice place.

I think I'll have to plan a little better next time. ....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top