Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/21/2005 10:58:39 PM EDT
Whose been?

Is it worth going?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:38:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 12:57:47 AM EDT by Hi_Cap]
I went yesterday with a friend (was nice to split the $8 parking fee). Generally speaking i say it's worth going on. Sunday could be a different story though. In either case, these big gun shows usually bring out the competitor within the dealers. Depends on how many or kind of items your looking for. I found that the best prices were primarily in the left and rear side of the building. They got every accessory for the AR, but these huge gunshows usually get me around 1/2 way through, get cramps in my dam neck from all stuff they got. I walked out with more than i was bargaining for and needed, but you know those types of deals that you just can't pass up. I almost got myself into a aluminium 2 piece quad rail for $135, but i was already way over my max. My wife would of beat me senseless. That was a good deal. Also saw a brand new Bushmaster, m4 a3 16in for 799.99+tax, had a April 2005 serial still in the shipping box from Bushmaster. That's the best price i've seen for a complete quality rifle (RRA, BM, Colt, etc).
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:54:29 AM EDT
Any reloading stuff?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:51:24 AM EDT
Didn't see much of that at this show. If you were looking for reloading stuff, Conroe's gun show last weekend would of been it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:24:18 AM EDT
You would be interested in knowing that M&A parts was not there but their sister
company was there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:00:53 PM EDT
i got some little junk.
i think i like sunday better than saturday. less people and vendors were more apt to trade.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:14:04 PM EDT
I went w/ HK940. Split the parking.

Got some good stuff.

Nice to see that M&A Parts didn't bother coming down. Turds are still turds.

Met one of the owners of Model 1 Sales, Christine. Nice lady. I wonder if she is the infamous Chicken Lady?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:22:52 PM EDT
One good thing: Lots of AR parts venders with REASONABLE prices!

I was able to get springs, hammers, triggers and pins!

Stripped Lowers for $99.00

Met NATE976152 or something. He was working for a reputable vender that makes ALL the shows from the Dallas area. Great guy and a pleasure to make his aquantance.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:27:31 PM EDT
damn!!! i knew i wanted to go for a reason...............

.............. needed some spare parts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:57:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:

Met NATE976152 or something. He was working for a reputable vender that makes ALL the shows from the Dallas area. Great guy and a pleasure to make his aquantance.

SC - what brand of lowers are you referring to?

CMOS
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:07:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CMOS:

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:

SC - what brand of lowers are you referring to?

CMOS

Stag and RR.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:24:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:35:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
damn!!! i knew i wanted to go for a reason...............

.............. needed some spare parts.

u still have my phone number?

Also go to my forum in Industry

yep . and ok
Top Top