Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2003 10:07:38 PM EDT
I hear there is a gunshow comming up at the end of JUNE.  Anyone care to join in and go?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT  JUNE 28th and 29th
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll more than likely be there.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there looking at optics and parts for my 10/22.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
i need ammo!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i need ammo!

After yesterday, I need more .45 ammo!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
George R. Brown  show ???
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
its at reliant  not GRB
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#8]
this is a good show to buy ammo!
i will be there about 9:30-10:00

City: Pasadena, TX Location: Convention Center. Date: June 21 - 22, 2003
Show Hours: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-5 Entry Fee: $5 FREE PARKING High Caliber Gun and Knife Shows, Inc
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, they don't sell ammo at Reliant...has that changed?
Last time I was there, (when it was still called the Astrohall) I took a Mauser that I wanted to trade, along with a bandoleer of Turk ammo to throw in.  (missed the sign that said "no ammo...")  I walked right up to the policeman at the front table so he could tyrap my bolt open and he didn't even notice.  After I got inside, a dealer told me I'd better get that stuff outta there before I got in trouble, so I took it out to the truck.  On the way out, I said something to the cop about it, and he swore up and down I didn't have the ammo when I went in and wanted to know just who I had bought it from.  I told him I had brought it in by mistake, and was taking it out to my truck.  He sure was mad, and wanted to hassle me some more, but I just left and came back without it...What kind of "trouble" could I have gotten in???  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
IIRC, they don't sell ammo at Reliant...has that changed?
Last time I was there, (when it was still called the Astrohall) I took a Mauser that I wanted to trade, along with a bandoleer of Turk ammo to throw in.  (missed the sign that said "no ammo...")  I walked right up to the policeman at the front table so he could tyrap my bolt open and he didn't even notice.  After I got inside, a dealer told me I'd better get that stuff outta there before I got in trouble, so I took it out to the truck.  On the way out, I said something to the cop about it, and he swore up and down I didn't have the ammo when I went in and wanted to know just who I had bought it from.  I told him I had brought it in by mistake, and was taking it out to my truck.  He sure was mad, and wanted to hassle me some more, but I just left and came back without it...What kind of "trouble" could I have gotten in???  

Cops are some of the major offenders with gun safty at the shows.  I have inspected many guns which came through the door which might have been tied but had a round in the chamber, etc. The only major injury due to AD at a show I have witnessed cost a guy his leg up in Tulsa. It was caused by an off duty sherifs deputy with his personal carry weapon which he reloaded right after they made him unload it at the door.  You have to keep your eye on everyone at the show just like you would if you where out shooting.  I can't tell you how many times people have picked up pistols off my table, pointed them at me and started dry firing them with out even making sure they are cleared.  It really pisses them of if you say something about it to.  

BTW- I will be down there if anyone wants me to bring them anything.

Eric
Oldgunsupply.com
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll be at the Pasadena show on Sat. morning. roaming around. Probably see you guys there. A friend is supposed to meet me there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top