Fox & Hound

Something different.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been there.  Not a bad place.

See ya'll on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That place was my lunch hangout for like a year...
Cool Place
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm working that night but that place is in my patrol area so if someone calls me when ya'll are leaving I'll swing by and meet you in the parking lot!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
1-ADAM-12, 1-ADAM-12, We have a beer drinking, cigar smoking, AR-15 infraction in your patrol area, please respond code 3.

10-4 good buddie, uh, I mean chief.  I'm on it, I am familiar with those clowns.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
respond code 7
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Presto,

You gonna make it?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you have close tabs on your ladies because once they see me in uniform they are gonna be all goo goo over me!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Me and the Lt. Col. may make it.  Yes she got demoted, but only so that I will outrank her as a Colonel (C.A.F.)
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#9]
jadams951 - are you gonna be dressed as the indian or the [lisp]sailor[\lisp]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]
You guys go to all the cool hang outs.  I will have to shack upi there one night so I can go out too...  Maybe after some shooting again, then MANY BEERS!

c sends

shotgun day?

c
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey Presto,

You gonna make it?

don't even think about smoking that cigar in the green room!

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]
That was fun!

All the management and waitresses of the F&H kept looking outside and standing in the door wondering why 6-7 folk were talking to a constable right outside their estaqblishment:)

SHIT THAT WAS FUNNY!   I wonder how many people stayed and had additional drinks because they didn't want to come stumbling out while a LEO was out front.

BTW:  Anyone remember the Frank Zappa song on the Joe's Garage Rock Opera about not parking in the white zone?  Or the board game CLUE?   I kept thinking about that every time the three waitresses came up to me and told me that "I can't allow you to smoke that in the green room, you have to smoke it int he yellow room."  I finally told the last one that I had a shitty day and the next person that said I couldn't smoke my cigar was gonna get an explosion.  I then told her to get me a beer and fish & chips and the service became acceptable.  CHRIST, a waitress on a powertrip!  Just what i needed!  

Hell, it was Col. Presto in the redrum w/ the candle stick:)
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#13]
It couldn't have been me. I was at the GAP for Innocent Guys.
It was kikomax with a hammer in the white room with dark curtains.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#14]
SC-Texas,

I'm I understanding correctly that you were smoking in a NON-smoking area, the waitresses asked you to stop, yet you wouldn't?  And they were on a power trip for asking you to obey the rules?

I seriously hope I'm misunderstanding here.

BTW...why must you guys always get together at PEAK traffic hours?  6:30 PM on FM1960 or Westheimer is not my idea of a nice drive.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#15]
SC' walked in the restaurant with an unlit cigar in his mouth.  the person opening the door probably told him he could only smoke it in the "red room" because it has extra ventilation specifically for Cigars.  he probably made it as far as the bar in the middle of the restaurant where he was reminded by the bartender he could only light his cigar in the red room.  he noticed our group in the green room (cigarette smoking only) and came over.  a waitress probably told him not to light his cigar on his way into the green room.  as he sat down with us i know our waitress ask for his drink order and at that time she told him not to smoke it.  

it pisses me off just typing it.

to piss everyone off he spent the evening quietly pretending to smoke his unlit cigar.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
it pisses me off just typing it.

Why?  What's so wrong with people telling him what the rules were?  It's not like they got together and decided as a group to try to piss him off.  Normally, if somebody has a cigar in their mouth, they plan on smoking it.  It sounds like they wanted him to know he couldn't.

I just don't understand the mentality of smokers.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]
he may have walked a total of 40 yds.
that's an average of one "comment" every 10 yds.  from the bar to our table was about 10 yds.  so he got a ration of sh't about every few steps.

in my book that's excessive and for the record i hate cigar smoke.      
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
BTW...why must you guys always get together at PEAK traffic hours?  6:30 PM on FM1960 or Westheimer is not my idea of a nice drive.

I'm thirsty right now  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thirsty right now  

YEA brouhaha...
YOU CALL THE NEXT PLACE.
anytime this weekend or in the evening during the week (except Wednesday) is cool for me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#20]
It doesn't matter right now, as I don't have the time anytime soon.

But there have been several instances in the past where I could have shown up had the meeting time been later.  I don't get off work until 6, and it's a minimum 40 minute drive just to 1960 without the traffic.  Over an hour with the traffic.  And even then, I'd like to go home and get cleaned up first.

Westheimer is about 1.5 hours during that time of day.

I'm just suggesting that we push the times back a little in the future.  7 or 7:30 would be much better, and I'm pretty sure more people would show up.

Work is picking up now, and I probably won't have time to do much until after Christmas.  Everybody wants to spend the rest of their yearly budget, and my company has to come up with projects for them.  Heck, I'll probably even be working on Christmas Day.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Brouhaha,

It wasn't even 40 yards.  These fucktards accosted me about every three steps.

I said OK up until about the 5th time and them I told the lady to bugger off and get me a beer.  I did it in a MUCH nicer way than I felt since  didn't want to get the group thrown out.

Hell, If I wasn't meeting the group, I would have walked out.

And about not-understanding smokers- well, I don't understand cigarette smokers myself.  They think thier rolled of paper and sand dry tobacco smells great and it don't smell any better than cigars.  I didn't really mind not being able to smoke it b/c I just sat their and chewed on it.  No big deal.  The 15-20 employees who felt it necesary to tell me that I could not smoke it pissed me off.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#22]
brouhaha...

don't mind sc.  he's a bit crabby since his girlfriend got braces.  

6:30 is our start time.
we got folks dropping by all evening.
sc as a matter of fact shows up about 7:30-8:00.
we usually break up between 9:30-10:00

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody up for shooting this Sat?
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#24]
ok, say ASC about 10:00.

i got to zero at 100  then i can play at 300.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like a plan.  See ya there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm gonna be there saturday morning sighting in my rem 700 ltr.  DevL and Brouhaha are going to be there as well.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top