Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:44:01 AM EDT

My sister, in Houston, is looking for a wheel gun, either Ruger SP 101, or some Taurus. She would like something light to carry.
Anyone knows that gun stores which have a good selection of wheel guns. Do they open on Sat or Sun.?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:56:08 AM EDT
any Academy will have a gun or two and the best price.
the Carters country stores have a good selection and moderate price.
collectors firearms has a huge selection but moderate to high prices.

then you got the gun shows every weekend...

and guys like me that sell them out of the backs of trucks.

we can find her a .38 or she can go shooting with me and i will be happy to let her shoot a gun or two of mine and maybe get her from a .38 to .357 mag and up into a full size 1911.

(down SCTexas down).

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:12:49 AM EDT

Thanks for the offer, 308wood. I'll talk to her.
I plan to go to Houston next weekend on July 5 and 6. Since I'm down there visiting my folks, I might as well take her and looking a wheel gun for her.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:30:46 AM EDT
Great 308Wood. Gonna upsell another chick are you! Between you and Slumlord, I have to buy a heap big .45acp now:)

Last time 308Wood & Slumlord spent some time at the range w/ my girlfriend, she ended up wanting a M1911 & enjoying shooting .357 mag!

Oh well, it could be worse, she who must be obeyed could have decided that I was gonna buy her a full on combat 45:) Hell, what am I complaining about, I have a g/f who wants me to buy her a gun that I will be able shoot!

Anyway, take advantage of the offer. 308Wood is a good instructor!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:21:54 PM EDT
You make it sound like 308wood and I are bad influences. Be happy, you GF now wants to shoot with us and is making you buy a gun you wanted for yourself anyway.

Mojo, I would go to Collector's and take a look around, they have the best overall selection in town outside of the shows. Its definitely true that their prices are a little high though. However it will give he a chance to handle a lot of different wheelguns.
Of course, either before or after you two will have to join us at the range or at least a meal.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:58:20 PM EDT

Hey guys. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure you guys respond just in jest, but to let the rumor goes any further: she's married. Her husband does not care for firearms, but she takes after my dad and listen to us, as far as defending oneself.

She has shot several from my MP5 SD and Uzi, some 9mm semi and SP 101. She didn't complain but I can tell she's comfortable with the SP101. I think wheel guns are simpler for her: just point and squeeze.

I'll be in Houston on Sat. about 1 PM. So you
guys can plan a dinner on Sat is fine with me, and drag Cit, COZ_45, GBT and even Brou (if he's
still around).
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:48:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Hey guys. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure you guys respond just in jest, but to let the rumor goes any further: she's married. Her husband does not care for firearms, but she takes after my dad and listen to us, as far as defending oneself.

She has shot several from my MP5 SD and Uzi, some 9mm semi and SP 101. She didn't complain but I can tell she's comfortable with the SP101. I think wheel guns are simpler for her: just point and squeeze.

I'll be in Houston on Sat. about 1 PM. So you
guys can plan a dinner on Sat is fine with me, and drag Cit, COZ_45, GBT and even Brou (if he's
still around).

mojo, what part of Houston will you be visiting?

Also, just to let you know, Ms. Coz bought an airweight .38 and it is light and ez to carry, but no fun to practice with....extreme recoil for a .38....just my .02
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:58:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Also, just to let you know, Ms. Coz bought an airweight .38 and it is light and ez to carry, but no fun to practice with....extreme recoil for a .38....just my .02

North Houston--45 and Little York.

I agree that there's a trade off for lightweight and recoil. It's up to her to decide.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:06:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

North Houston--45 and Little York.

I agree that there's a trade off for lightweight and recoil. It's up to her to decide.

Cool. That's near the Coz's ponderosa!

Need to at least have a dinner Saturday night!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:51:47 AM EDT
Hey Slumlord and 308Wood: Ya'll are GREAT influences. I was just making a tongue in cheek comment.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:14:15 AM EDT
yea, don't worry mojo.

we won't hit on your sister (even if she wasn't married). not the first time we took her shooting anyway.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:37:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 308wood:
yea, don't worry mojo.

we won't hit on your sister (even if she wasn't married). not the first time we took her shooting anyway.

LOL. I don't worry a bit. If you guys hang around with COZ_45, then I know you guys are OK.

(COZ_45 probably posts and demands WTH it means!!)

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:03:23 AM EDT
besides i consider it in poor taste to hit on (or harass) people i am teaching how to shoot.

if i just taught a Lady to use a deadly weapon the last thing i want to do is piss her off!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:24:13 AM EDT

So you guys want to a get-together for a dinner on Sat evening? Probably COZ_45, and Slumlord are in.
Let me know where in Houston, and I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:59:43 AM EDT
i am in.

it's Saturday, so i don't have to get up at 04:30 to go to work.

how about Wolfies!:
i can't believe i said that.

i plan to go to the gun show Sat about 10:00. anyone want to meet up?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:23:06 PM EDT

i am in.

it's Saturday, so i don't have to get up at 04:30 to go to work.

how about Wolfies!:
i can't believe i said that.

i plan to go to the gun show Sat about 10:00. anyone want to meet up?

308wood. You know I'm talking about Sat 07/05, right?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:56:05 PM EDT
07/05, damn.

well there's no gun show next weekend and i am going out of town. are you sure you can't change your plans?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:13:47 PM EDT

07/05, damn.

well there's no gun show next weekend and i am going out of town. are you sure you can't change your plans?

Wow that just changed things around a bit. However even without 308Wood I'm sure we can put together a group to hit the range and dinner.

I'm in for the show tomorrow also, 10am sounds good to me too. 308Wood, you can show me that reloading gear you mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:15:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/27/2003 5:18:33 PM EDT by debear]
Hey Guys,

I'll probably see you there around then. I need to take care of a couple of things there.

Been busy so I just haven't had the chance to make a Tues. yet.

Hey SC I thought the G/F wanted an Eotech?
Now she wants a .45. Sounds like you need to keep her around for awhile. ;-)

I just bought a SA 1911 Mil-Spec. I'll show it to ya if I ever get a chance to meet up with ya'll again.

Mojo: Wish I didn't already have plans. I would have liked to me you and your sister.
You'll be in good hands with those guys though.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:35:39 PM EDT

Well, debear. There's Gunstock this year.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:10:01 PM EDT
Yeah,I really want to go to that. But The company I work for is closing the doors in mid Aug..

So hopefully I have something lined up for afterwards.

Hopefully I see you there though. :)
Top Top