Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2004 7:27:40 AM EDT
I am venturing out there today.  I'll report later!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Arrived at the scene at 0930 and headed straight for the ammo section. Located the Q3131A and confirmed that there was enough there to last a few minutes while I found a clerk. I questioned the clerk briefly who stated that there were no full cases of 5.56 only the loose boxes on the shelves. A basket was found near the ammo and I proceded to count out one hundred boxes. Was interrupted two time by shoppers asking what I was going to do with all that ammo. I replied, "It's a black rifle thing, you wouldn't  understand.", and kept counting. Arrived at the check out at 0945 and was third in line until another clerk saw what I had in the basket and suggested that I follow him to the customer service counter where he would ring my purchases. He proceded to scan the boxes one by one. We made small talk about ammo while he worked. We ignored the other shoppers who were starting to gather at the customer service counter seeking help and who were giving us dirty looks because it was taking so long. Cleared the scene at 0955 with two thousand rounds for $311 and change.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Arrived at the scene at 0930 and headed straight for the ammo section. Located the Q3131A and confirmed that there was enough there to last a few minutes while I found a clerk. I questioned the clerk briefly who stated that there were no full cases of 5.56 only the loose boxes on the shelves. A basket was found near the ammo and I proceded to count out one hundred boxes. Was interrupted two time by shoppers asking what I was going to do with all that ammo. I replied, "It's a black rifle thing, you wouldn't  understand.", and kept counting. Arrived at the check out at 0945 and was third in line until another clerk saw what I had in the basket and suggested that I follow him to the customer service counter where he would ring my purchases. He proceded to scan the boxes one by one. We made small talk about ammo while he worked. We ignored the other shoppers who were starting to gather at the customer service counter seeking help and who were giving us dirty looks because it was taking so long. Cleared the scene at 0955 with two thousand rounds for $311 and change.

Too funny
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
SC-Texas just got 4200 rounds....

And it fit in the trunk of the Moata too!!!

Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
oh man.  i got to do try that!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I love a good ammo story, tell me more
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
4200 rounds?  Bullshit!

260 boxes is 5200 rounds!  $842.00 with a few extras thrown in.  Yes, it did fit int he trunk of the Miata.  Pics taken and on the way!

Ya'll should have seen the look on the clerk's face when I told him to go int he back and look for 5 cases of Q3131A.  He confirmed that they only had the loose boxes and refused to give me a raincheck (I never asked for one) since he had three shelves of Q3131A.  I said fine and the wife and I loaded 260 boxes into the cart and took it to  the front after the guys in the gun section suggested for thew third time that I should check out up there.  

The guy at the front register and his assistant looked at my basket half full of ammo, at my wife and then gave me a real funny look.  I looked them in the eye and said "I live in a bad neioghborhood and may have to take care of some problems!"

Then the guy said that he appreciated me stacking the 260 boxes in stacks of ten, scanned one, scanned something elese and then scanned another box in and taped the enter key 260 times.  Yes, I think I got shorted a $2.88 box of ammo.  Anyway, its not that big a deal and I'll take care of it next time I go out there.

I now feel like the fucking Ammo Santa or the Ammo Fairy!  I delivered 1k to Slumlord who got the pic of the miata riding low with 5200 rounds.  Next stop will be the timonator, Captain Yellowtide and the rest of the Asian Crew!

I now like Bass Pro Shops!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Geez, I wonder if they'll have any left tomorrow?!?!?!?

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Let us know, I may make another trip!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
4200 rounds?  Bullshit!

260 boxes is 5200 rounds!  $842.00 with a few extras thrown in.  Yes, it did fit int he trunk of the Miata.  Pics taken and on the way!

My receipt was over 25 feet long, when I bought in Dallas a few weeks ago. They didn't even blink when I asked for it, just brought it out on a forklift.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#10]
No forklift for me, just a shopping cart to help the Ammo Santa begin his round

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm gonna head out there shortly.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#12]
that is weird cause i got there at like 12 and was able to get my hands on two full cases

looks as though someone had to put it back though cause the worker said he found it in another aisle then went back for more loose boxes.

after i was done there was probably enough for a case and a half. i ask the worker and he said that was it  decided that i had enough and left some for the next guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]

SC-texas' trunk
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
God Damn it - raincheck.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
OMG!!!!!

Thats a great sight, Ironic that you gots no room left for the black rifle and mags?

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OMG!!!!!

Thats a great sight, Ironic that you gots no room left for the black rifle and mags?

Those should be riding "shotgun" anyway.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The thought of putting an AR-15 in the trunk was nixed by an overly nosey neighbor and her fucking dawg!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought up the last of the 68 boxes this morning (Sunday) about 10:15AM, they said that was all they had.  I was happy since I missed the Dallas sale this year, I happened to be down Houston-way this weekend and stopped in.

Hey, I left the one broken box on the shelf, maybe somebody got that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey, I left the one broken box on the shelf, maybe somebody got that one.

How nice of you to think of others.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#20]

How nice of you to think of others.

Yeah, I wasn't taking any chances this time.  Last year at the Dallas store, I got there at 9AM Saturday.  I make a big tactical error by not grabbing a cart first, I just go back to the shelf to check that they actually have some.  Then go back to the front to find a basket, and by the time I get back to the ammo section, there is some guy loading up my ammo He
So no prisoners this time.  Although they must have found some more in the back, if you guys are posting you picked some up today at noon or whatever.  I did notice they didn't have a sale price sign on the shelf to attract people, they must have been trying to keep a supply around for longer
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
holy crap...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#22]
SC Texas, that pic needs to be your avatar!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top