Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:48:14 AM EDT
I'm looking to buy my dad a step bar for his pickup, but I don't have a clue where to look, except maybe Autozone. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm looking at getting some modding done on my 4x4 Tacoma (suspension lift, exhaust, injectors, tuning, etc, but not all at once). Where are some good places to do that sort of thing?

I'm east/southeast Houston area.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:18:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2009 11:32:07 AM EDT by hk940]
Pasadena trailer and truck accessories is a great place that will have what you need

http://www.pasadenatrailer.com

for 4x4 mods I would go with
http://www.4wheelparts.com
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:54:24 AM EDT
Try google for a nerf bar for your dads truck model.

And buy the tools and work on your own truck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:39:06 PM EDT
"buy my dad a step bar for his pickup"    What kind of Truck? Make? Model? Year?

As for Lift and such I cant give you a name off the top of my head but it would not be FourWheelParts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:23:55 PM EDT
My dad's got an '02 Tundra, but I'm less looking for a specific model part as a trustworthy dealer of competitively priced quality parts, whether online or local.

As for my truck, it's an '04 Tacoma 4x4. I don't currently have the experience or time to do my own mods except for simple stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:45:44 PM EDT
I don't have any suggestions for a step bar, but if you want quality info for your Taco, there is no better place to look than TTORA .

I have known the originator of that site since he started it back about 1996, and there have been many trips when my Toyo-Heep was on the gooseneck trailer along with his rig.  Having wheeled with many of the members in TX, CA, and AZ, I can classify them as a superb bunch of folks without hesitation!  There is a significant Houston metro membership, and they get together monthly, mostly near your part of town.

Don't bother with "getting some modding done" on your rig, just host a WAT [wrench-a-thon] and folks will show up with knowledge, tools, and labor.  It is so much more satisfying to do the work yourself versus paying someone to do it.

I sold my '96 Taco back when I bought my Tundra in '02, and sometimes still miss it.  Needless to say, a supercharged 3.4 with a 5-speed, 4.10's, and 31's was a real blast to drive!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:56:23 PM EDT
John's Trim Shop in Baytown or Pasadena Trailer for the step
Mod's: do it your self if mechanicaly inclined enough
Stay away from B and C
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:26:45 PM EDT
I wouldn't have a problem with doing it myself, especially with help/supervision, except my bigger hangups are time and space. Yes, I don't know how to do it, but I could learn. What I can't easily do is create the time and space to get it done.

Originally Posted By TXhellbilly:
Stay away from B and C
What's B and C?

Also, thanks guys. Feel free to keep info coming
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:54:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By voilsb:
I wouldn't have a problem with doing it myself, especially with help/supervision, except my bigger hangups are time and space. Yes, I don't know how to do it, but I could learn. What I can't easily do is create the time and space to get it done.

Originally Posted By TXhellbilly:
Stay away from B and C
What's B and C?

Also, thanks guys. Feel free to keep info coming

BandC offroad shop

Buncha hacks

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:29:33 PM EDT
I order some Nerf bars from summit racing a few years back.  There were the cheapest online plus had free shipping.  Very easy to put on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:40:24 PM EDT
Try pickup specialties on FM 2920 in Spring, they have or can get and install anything you want pretty much.  They used to be at I-45 and FM 1960 but they moved
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:04:20 AM EDT
These guys are in South west Texas and Rosenberg.  AllOut Off Road
 They have a nice showroom and seem like nice guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:13:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By murderman:
I don't have any suggestions for a step bar, but if you want quality info for your Taco, there is no better place to look than TTORA .

I have known the originator of that site since he started it back about 1996, and there have been many trips when my Toyo-Heep was on the gooseneck trailer along with his rig.  Having wheeled with many of the members in TX, CA, and AZ, I can classify them as a superb bunch of folks without hesitation!  There is a significant Houston metro membership, and they get together monthly, mostly near your part of town.

Don't bother with "getting some modding done" on your rig, just host a WAT [wrench-a-thon] and folks will show up with knowledge, tools, and labor.  It is so much more satisfying to do the work yourself versus paying someone to do it.

I sold my '96 Taco back when I bought my Tundra in '02, and sometimes still miss it.  Needless to say, a supercharged 3.4 with a 5-speed, 4.10's, and 31's was a real blast to drive!

TTORA is the way to go.

Top Top