Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:48 AM EDT
Living in Houston and the surrounding areas I have been told that its virtually impossible, for political reasons, to get the required CLEO sign-off on the NFA paperwork.  

With that in mind, is there anyone who could point me to an NFA friendly attorney who assist/advise me in setting up a corporation to legally acquire these items.  Or, is this simpler than I might think, is there some other resource besides an attorney I should be consulting.  

Any info is appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
im going to see sc-texas to set mine up

nfa_investments is the local classIII/II go to guy
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Of you are in an unincorporated area of the county, you may be able to still get a signoff for anything but suppressors. Contact Major Juan Jorge at the HCSO.

Now, about setting up a LLC. You can easily do iy yourseld. Check on www.sos.state.tx.us; look in the corporations section, then find "articles of organization for a limited liability company." Next, fill in the blank.

If you are not comfortable doing this, I set these up for NFA purposes. SC-Texas is an excellent attorney and can set you up as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I caqn help you set up an LLC.

However- I would see if you can get an LWEO signoff.

What do you want to purchase?  Suppressor or MG or SBR?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I actually live in just across the line in Ft. Bend County in the Katy area.  It's unincorporated, so I think my CLEO sign-off would need to be from the FT. Bend sheriffs office, or maybe the constables office.  If you guys know of any contacts there, I am happy to pursue them, I was just led to believe that in the Houston metro area the CLEO signature was extremely rare and hard to come by.

For what its worth, I am looking to get a suppressor initially, and maybe an SBR at some point in the future.

Thanks again all.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any names for you at the FBSO, but I do understand that they will sign.  Looks like you lucked out this time!

Keith
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top