Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:11:24 PM EDT
I will be crossing the dam soon and was wondering what experiencees you all have had with the security checks. I have nothing to hide just wondering if they are anal. Do they strip search the car, or just look in the trunk ? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:33:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By porcher:
I will be crossing the dam soon and was wondering what experiencees you all have had with the security checks. I have nothing to hide just wondering if they are anal. Do they strip search the car, or just look in the trunk ? Thanks.

Porch,

I have a close friend that lives in Nevada who travels back and forth to AZ weekly. He usually has at least one or two handguns, ammunition, and sometimes a carbine (M4).

According to him, his trips across the Dam have always been painless and uneventful.

I have never a negative experience either.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:39:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:33:40 AM EDT
You will probably be searched if you are transporting a car / truckload of cargo, other than that they do nothing more than take a brief glance into your vehicle before waving you through. BTW, Expect long delays on the return trip if it is on the weekend.

Tom
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:01:16 PM EDT
A friend and I pulled across the dam early one morning. Pistols on the dash and 2 AR's in the back seat (not in cases). As the officer came up to the truck, he saw the pistols and backed up 20 ft. and told us to pull over to the check area. They then looked in the back of the truck and peek through the window into the back seat . Asked us if those were machine guns.
Told them no, and we were on our way. Not to painful. Was funny that the officer who first saw the pistols on the dash had a pistol, but those searching the vehilce (all 4 of them) didnt.
Top Top