Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 2:59:38 PM EDT
 Had a great time both the Mrs and I at the Shoot. Was nice to finally get to meet a few of you, and hope we can do another one soon.  Now I can put faces with names thanks to all for the great time.
Will get some pics up later tonight have to take Lil Gungho to the circus
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Pic of remnants of steel plate:

This started out as a solid 1/4" thick steel plate.  It was painted flourescent orange and had a black spot in the middle.  I think about 3 more well placed shots would have cut it in half.  Actually, there were a few people still shooting when I left, maybe you guys finished it off?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a great time as well. It was very nice to meet all that attended. Don't forget to send Paul a thank you in the envelope he provided.

And a BIG thanks to M4Maddness for letting me have ago with full auto. It has been years since the last time (I was working for my uncle at that time ).
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Hoorah.

M4M-Thanks for the fun switch time, and for letting me use the can!

The Commissioner- Thanks for letting us get out and use your land,
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Guys, I have a sunburn from hell from the neck up. Ouch!

I have to say that I was quite surprised to see the large turnout today. Estimates on attendance were at around 50+ people. We had very good, dry weather (which is rare when you plan any outdoor event.) Everyone was friendly and, most of all, safety oriented. I know of no problems encountered whatsoever. Paul wanted the place left in the same condition as when we arrived, and it looked exactly that way when I pulled out of there tonight. It was a job well done on everyone's part.

To everyone who fired my M16, Benelli M1014, and Hurricane suppressor: I truly hope that you had a good time. I have no qualms about sharing anything that I have. I may cuss you all a little tomorrow when I'm cleaning them though. I'm pleased to have met people off this board after getting to know them for the last 3 1/2 years that I've been on this site. I'm sure that there are still quite a few members that I met today that I still can't match up to a screen name though. I also feel fortunate to have had the only .50 BMG round on the premises.

One more thing, did anyone stop and eat at the McDonald's in Loogootee on the way home? Mechaniac and I did and had a slightly humorous encounter. The teenaged kid at the counter took one look at the AK pictured on my In Range t-shirt and said, "Hey, I own an AK just like that one, except mine is full-auto. It's a Russian one." I just said, "Really?" as I tried to look away.

BTW, Gungho_1989, you sir are the king of bumpfiring. Very few can claim to bumpfire from the shoulder. Explain to me again why you're buying a registered M16.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]

BTW, Gungho_1989, you sir are the king of bumpfiring. Very few can claim to bumpfire from the shoulder. Explain to me again why you're buying a registered M16.

Can I use umm..... use the excuse  " investment purposes?!"  I guess that wouldnt float well when I get it out and start blasting though.
Doenst everyone need at least one!?
Seriously though thanks agian for the great time and the comradery shared by all. Truly a great bunch of like mined individuals.
 Oh and Brass I hope you can come up with enough gas to get home and thanks for hooking me up with the Otis and Lula, now I just need to find me one of those Nifty AR15.com marked Lula's

Its a bit latet than we thought so Ill try to get som pics up Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Oh and Brass I hope you can come up with enough gas to get home

I just hope he can find his way home!  u-turn?!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm rather irritated at my wife she "borrowed" my keys while I was coaching football in Orleans today leaving me stranded for 4 hours knowing what my plans were and wasnt "available" to answer the phone when  I called. When I get home everyhting I had set out to go is all put away and she has taken the Jeep cherokee( 4 wheel drive) to the Band competition in Paoli. Never marry a gun grabber. Had to have my own shoot here, sorry to have missed the event.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd also like to say thanks to everyone for the awesome time.  The Commissioner for having us out.  M4 Madness for the can and the FA.  That was  a real treat.  Now I have to figure out how to get one.    I won't name any more names, cause I'll feel bad forgetting someone.  Thank you all for a kick ass time.  I enjoyed it.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#12]
w00t - good seeing you all!  Thanks to TheCommissioner for the great time and the use of his beautiful land!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Although I only talked to a handful of you folks I had a great time!  It was a pleasure.

Kudos to M4 for organizing everything and my hat goes off to Paul for his kindness for hosting the shoot and everything along with it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:32:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Thanks to M4Madness for the mag he let me shoot through the 16 and all of your efforts arranging this event. It was GREAT!!!  I believe that Paul’s wife also really liked her first experience with full auto. Thanks also to Paul, the commissioner, for use of the land.

During the safety orientation Paul told us a little about his campaign for State Representative in the Indiana legislature and about his opponent. Paul's opponent has said he will introduce a bill to restrict hunting on public and private property within one mile of any school. This is literally hundreds of thousands of acres of land and surely the another step to restrict our rights. Anything we can do to stop people like this must be done.

Thanks again M4Madness and The Commissioner (Paul McFeaters).

Breakright, Bill Brady  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, sure....

TRG

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Also, I apologize for bringing the AR50, and then forgetting the ammo like some kind of idiot. Man, that was a bone headed move.  Next time!  

(kudos to M4 Madness for remembering to bring his own round, so it was not all for naught)
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Special thanks to M4Madness for sharing his toys.  Top notch, fella!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:33:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, guys, for all the compliments. They are really appreciated.

I could not view some of the photos at first, as they came up as X. But I found that if you right click on the X and click "show picture", it will come up then.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#20]
It was great time!  It was nice to see people to put a name with an avatar.

I was very impressed with how safe everyone was with as many people as were there.  That speaks highly to all.

Thanks M4Madness for the use of the M16 and hurricane.  That made my day.  I hope it's not too rough a job to clean.  

Thanks Commissioner for the use of your land for the get together.  (I do hope that it could become a annual event.)  I wish you well in the election and I would encourage everyone to be sure give whatever $$ you can to Paul for his generosity to us.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
My 2 cents.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#22]
x5060:

Those are awesome pictures!  I never seem to have the timing for "brass in the air" shots...

Nice pic of my wife with the AK... I'm sure that will go over well with her co-workers at school.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I had such a good time I decided to join the club here.  Thanks, for putting the shoot together it was a blast (no pun intended)I had the AMD-63 and had to boogie early.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Although I only talked to a handful of you folks I had a great time!  It was a pleasure.

Kudos to M4 for organizing everything and my hat goes off to Paul for his kindness for hosting the shoot and everything along with it.

Thank you, Seth, for sharing some of your clays with me.  I owe you one (OK, more than that, but you get the idea). Great job handling the Jerry Springer situation Saturday morning, too.  

It was a strange and twisted way to start off what turned out to be a most excellent day hope,.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Special thanks to M4Madness for sharing his toys.  Top notch, fella!

+1

I had an AWESOME time!

It was worth the drive!  

Extreme thanks to The Commissioner, and best of luck.

It was great meeting all of you and seeing old faces again, hopefully shoots like this happen more often. headbang.gif

I'm sending you a huge hug, Brass, for being such so kind and patient with this new shooter.  Thanks for letting me shoot the Milwaukee (I'm in love!); now I know what to ask Santa for Christmashang
You helped make my first shoot a most excellent time, buddy.  Thanks again .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#27]
You're very welcome Cowgirl.  And yes, I know you didn't blast my entire board of clays I brought 2 135 count boxes of clays and barely made a dent in them.  Well except for the broken ones from the asswipe who smushed the rear of my truck on the way to QS's house.

Make sure you keep Zoub in check for us.  Lord knows he needs it

BTW, you going to post any of the pics you took?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
w00t - good seeing you all!  Thanks to TheCommissioner for the great time and the use of his beautiful land!

Wanted to thank you again, QS, for so kindly sharing your expertise with this new shooter.  I appreciate your patience, tolerance, and most of all, encouragement to continue in the sport.  You're a great guy, and you played a huge part in making my first shoot so much fun Muchas Gracias!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#29]
What a perfectly wonderful day!  I can't think of one thing that could have made this new shooter's first experience any better.  Hope we can do it again soon.

Every single one of you went out of your way to make me feel at home.  Your generosity with your time and equipment shows how seriously you take the sport.  Kudos and thanks to everyone for being so cool.

Best of luck, Paul, on your campaign.  We'll all be cheering you on (after, of course, visiting the polls)!

It was great meeting you, Mrs. Gungho.  Lil' Gungho is just adorable.  I'll get that picture of you together posted asap on the ladies' forum along with the Barbie massacre shots (pun intended). Hope to meet more arfcom ladies at future shoots.

PS: Thanks especially to Zoub for tuning me into the sport, the site, and you people .  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Make sure you keep Zoub in check for us.  Lord knows he needs it hr

You don't ask for much, do you?  He's a handful even on the best of days hough.

You bet!  They'll probably be posted tonight (if the photo gods are kind) for all to enjoy.  Got some really good ones, but we missed the photo-op of the century when QS had his hand on Brass's ass hock.gif.  Damn it all!  

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey, who's the balding guy shooting the .50?

Heck, I didn't realize that my hair was so thin back there. Someone should have told me to put on a hat.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Make sure you keep Zoub in check for us.  Lord knows he needs it

You don't ask for much, do you?  He's a handful even on the best of days .  
It'll be fun trying, though .

You bet!  They'll probably be posted tonight (if the photo gods are kind) for all to enjoy.  Got some really good ones, but we missed the photo-op of the century when QS had his hand on Brass's ass .  Damn it all!  

QS, you cheating bitch!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I forgot to congratulate Mr and Mrs Gungho on such a cute kiddo.

He was pretty quiet too, but then again I pretty much had a set of ears on the whole time
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#35]
"Heck, I didn't realize that my hair was so thin back there. Someone should have told me to put on a hat. "

Ok, fixed

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#37]
M4 I TOLD you you were burned up. Not my fault you can't see the back of your head.  At least you got to shoot the .50.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Ok, fixed

Much better.

Guys, I think that I've got one of the worst sunburns I've ever had. My entire face is peeling off, not to mention the "raccoon eyes". I never would have dreamed that it would happen in late September.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Yup, I got a dandy tan from it.  I was spared a bit because I was out in the sun some earlier this year.  I came in the door and my wife said I looked like a lobster!

Favorite gun there that I got to shoot?  The AK74 with the laminated forward vertical grip.  Niiice.  

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, fixed

Much better.

Guys, I think that I've got one of the worst sunburns I've ever had. My entire face is peeling off, not to mention the "raccoon eyes". I never would have dreamed that it would happen in late September.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Jim:

Nice meeting you; glad you liked my AK - she's a real slut and enjoys getting passed around.  While I had the gun apart for cleaning the other day, I shimmed the front HG so it should stop getting all rattley when it heats up.  Heheheh; guess she was "loose", too.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Shooter do you have a 45 round mag for it?  I could have brought one.  I really like that setup.  Didn't get to shoot it, should have asked.  Very sweet.  I love 5.45 AKs.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Go here for pics of the First Annual ARFCOM Regional Barbie Shoot.  The shoot within the shoot so to speak....

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=71&t=275064&page=2
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Viper:
Yes,  I have a 45rd mag for it (see pic) and brought it out to the shoot.  And yes, you should've asked to shoot it, bro; I'd have been happy to share.

I had a SAR-2 once upon a time, but sold it b/c I didn't feel the need to have two 5.45 AKs. Now I'm thinking about having a .223 Saiga converted into an AK-104.    I'm really an AR guy at heart, but these commie guns are oddly addictive!

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Believe me I know.    Didn't realize that was actually you gun on the white background, sweet.  I didn't have the springs and pins to keep my stocks locked open on my 5.45 guns, or I would have brought them.  I do love my AKs although I consider myself an AR guy as well.  (finished my second AR build last night!)  Crappy pic to follow.  

Edited to add, I've got a AK104, from AKUSA.  Extremely nice build.  I should have shown it to you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top