Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 5:45:25 PM EDT
My Marine son is now home

After being blown up in Iraq,,,,, & having a buddy killed by a sniper...........

My boy is home

Semper Fi and God Bless Phoenix Az.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell your son welcome home and thank's for his service.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I heard the fatherly sigh of relief in the air. I too sighed that same sigh when my son called me at 3 o'clock in the morning from Ireland as he was flying home from El Sadar Iraq.
Tell your son thank you for his service and for his sacrifices.
And for you from one Marine father to another.. WHEWWWWWW Thank God he made it home.
And to the parents of those that did not make it home safe... Those that have survived will long remember and honor the sacrifices and the service that your sons and daughters have made.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought I heard the fatherly sigh of relief in the air. I too sighed that same sigh when my son called me at 3 o'clock in the morning from Ireland as he was flying home from El Sadar Iraq.
Tell your son thank you for his service and for his sacrifices.
And for you from one Marine father to another.. WHEWWWWWW Thank God he made it home.
And to the parents of those that did not make it home safe... Those that have survived will long remember and honor the sacrifices and the service that your sons and daughters have made.

Ditto Dad.......Ditto

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
... Thank you and him both!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear!
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
SEMPER FI !, tell your son a former Marine appreciates his hard work and dedication to a greatful nation.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow Wally I remember when he enlisted.  I remember when my son got home.  Is he staying in or using his G I bill and going to college.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow Wally I remember when he enlisted.  I remember when my son got home.  Is he staying in or using his G I bill and going to college.

Looks like he'll be going to UTI.

None of the LE agencies are even taking apps. let alone hiring. ( which was what he wanted to do ) So he's decide to go to a tech school for now.

I pray you and yours are doing well ?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad you got your son home!  Thank you so much to both him and you for the service!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

None of the LE agencies are even taking apps. let alone hiring. ( which was what he wanted to do ) So he's decide to go to a tech school for now.

There is another option for the LE route. Most of the agencies have reserve officer programs, basically they pay for your academy and in return you donate 16-32 hours a month chasing bad guys for about a year. Then in a year or so when they start hiring you apply to transfer to a paid officer.

Oh and Welcome Home!

As far as UTI goes, what is he looking to work on after school? or is UTI more for fun and he will still go LE after graduating from UTI?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Semper Fi  !!!!

Glad to here it Wally.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Thank him for his service!

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is another option for the LE route. Most of the agencies have reserve officer programs, basically they pay for your academy and in return you donate 16-32 hours a month chasing bad guys for about a year. Then in a year or so when they start hiring you apply to transfer to a paid officer.

Oh and Welcome Home!

As far as UTI goes, what is he looking to work on after school? or is UTI more for fun and he will still go LE after graduating from UTI?

Phx PD Reserve is what he's looking to do to get his foot in the door. UTI is his back-up for a job in the Automotive sector................ Seem's he may have a start off job as a lube tech at ABC Nissan..... ( I just so happen to be the Parts Mgr. there )

And to the respect of our buddy SPECTRE... the Tucson Toyota Tech.................... sorry, he owns a Nissan SER Spec-V Sentra.......... only stands to reason for him to be a Nissan tech.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Semper Fi  !!!!

Glad to here it Wally.

Oh, there you are

A great big thank you to all that have responded...... your Thanks are more than appreciated

To All

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome back Jr., and, THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

After being blown up in Iraq,,,,, & having a buddy killed by a sniper...........

My boy is home

When is the party??

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Please tell him thank you from a grateful American!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats to you and yours.

Glad you got him back OK.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boy is home

When is the party??

He goes for a piss test in the morning and should be employed by Monday,,,,,,, just waiting to here back from UTI to know when to start Classes.

Party to happen shortly thereafter.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thank you Zoomie.

My dad was an A/1C during Korea. Stationed at Lowry AFB March '51 to '55

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#22]
As a Dad of a 9 year old, I cant even imagine.  Hell, I get nervous when he crosses the street to see his freind.

Tell him thank you for his service.  Deep sense of gratitude for the fight they fought.

God Bless the both of you.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear it.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad to hear it.

Wow buddy...... How is your son doing ?

Can you believe it's been 4 yrs since our sons graduation?  

Jan 20th '06  MCRD San Diego. Almost seems to be a  lifetime ago.

Our sons recruiter.... SSGT Garcia may still be in Ramadi. Iraq. I pray he's doing well.

Any way my friend , glad to have known the father of one that my son met on the flight from Sky Harbor .....

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Thank you Zoomie.

Hey, there's no need to slander my good name like that. I'm a Seabee.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you Zoomie.

Hey, there's no need to slander my good name like that. I'm a Seabee.

Well, I apologize.

That's what I get for thinking "They All Look Alike To Me"..... Military that is...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top