Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 10:29:41 AM EDT
I had to run down to Indian Trail before going to work today.  At about 1230, I was getting on I85 North at Indian Trail.  I was checking my left side mirror to merge onto I85 and there was absolutely NO ONE, ZERO, NOT ONE VEHICLE approaching from the South.  I kept checking, still no one.

I was like "WTF is going on?????".  It was like one of those time displacement stories from the Twilight Zone series.  I figured it must have been one hell of a mess.  I found out when I got to work that there was indeed an incident between Jimmy Carter Blvd and Indian Trail on the Northbound side, but no details.  Anyone know what happened?

It was kinda sweet.  After I got on, I moved over to the center lane and just booked.  Did not have to change lanes once until I got to GA 120, where I exited.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The rapture occurred. Only us heathens are left. Looks like I am in good company.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The rapture occurred. Only us heathens are left. Looks like I am in good company.

Welcome, brother heathen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
On the news tonight, they had a story about a chase that had I85 North completely blocked.  The fool was shooting at the cops with an AR15 carbine.  Just what we need.

That was all the down at North Druid, according to Fox5.  That was too far down.  They said nothing about any other wrecks.  People would be getting on from I285, Chamblee Tucker, Pleasantdale, and JC Blvd.

Anyone hear anything else.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Larry, do you live near 120?

AJC: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/copbriefs/entries/2006.03.09.51944.html

Police chase, crash close lanes on I-85

By AJC

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/09/06 11:41 PM
Latest briefs

A Blairsville man who shot at police during a pursuit lost control of his pickup truck, collided with another vehicle and overturned, closing several lanes of I-85 during the height of Thursday evening’s rush hour.

Authorities said Steward Smith Tabor, 37, drove away from a traffic stop on northbound I-75 in Henry County, then led police on a chase through Clayton County and into Atlanta.

When State Patrol troopers tried to box in Tabor’s pickup, he pulled out a rifle and fired, hitting a patrol car, said spokesman Gordy Wright. The trooper inside was not hurt.

On northbound I-85, Tabor tried to exit the highway at North Druid Hills Road. He hit another vehicle, lost control, struck a wall and overturned, backing up traffic for at least 10 miles.

Among the charges Tabor faces are aggravated assault, fleeing and attempting to elude, all felonies. He was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, and was expected to be brought to jail later Thursday.

Can probably get a good deal on a gently used white pick up truck: .  This is from WSB's website

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Larry, do you live near 120?

AJC: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/shared-blogs/ajc/copbriefs/entries/2006.03.09.51944.html

Police chase, crash close lanes on I-85

By AJC

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/09/06 11:41 PM
Latest briefs

A Blairsville man who shot at police during a pursuit lost control of his pickup truck, collided with another vehicle and overturned, closing several lanes of I-85 during the height of Thursday evening’s rush hour.

Authorities said Steward Smith Tabor, 37, drove away from a traffic stop on northbound I-75 in Henry County, then led police on a chase through Clayton County and into Atlanta.

When State Patrol troopers tried to box in Tabor’s pickup, he pulled out a rifle and fired, hitting a patrol car, said spokesman Gordy Wright. The trooper inside was not hurt.

On northbound I-85, Tabor tried to exit the highway at North Druid Hills Road. He hit another vehicle, lost control, struck a wall and overturned, backing up traffic for at least 10 miles.

Among the charges Tabor faces are aggravated assault, fleeing and attempting to elude, all felonies. He was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, and was expected to be brought to jail later Thursday.

Can probably get a good deal on a gently used white pick up truck: .  This is from WSB's website

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863762.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863764.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863765.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863766.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863697.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863772.jpg

images.ibsys.com/2006/0310/7863903.jpg

I work near 120 and Meadow Church Road.  Was on my way in to work after having gone down to Indian Trail.  I don't think this is what did it, too far South, and it sounds like the time frame was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I work near 120 and Meadow Church Road.  Was on my way in to work after having gone down to Indian Trail.  I don't think this is what did it, too far South, and it sounds like the time frame was wrong.

Gotcha. I live off 120.  Just wondering if we were neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Larry G,
I think the President was in town that day.
When he is on the road,they block off everything for a while and let him have open road ahead(man would I have loved that in one of my fast cars!).
I got stuck waiting (second car in line,almost made it!) when he came into town last July.
And watch out in your mirror when they turn you loose,I almost got run over by a State Trooper catching up to the rest of the rolling roadblock after he left his post blocking a ramp!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Larry G,
I think the President was in town that day.
When he is on the road,they block off everything for a while and let him have open road ahead(man would I have loved that in one of my fast cars!).
I got stuck waiting (second car in line,almost made it!) when he came into town last July.
And watch out in your mirror when they turn you loose,I almost got run over by a State Trooper catching up to the rest of the rolling roadblock after he left his post blocking a ramp!

I didn't think he was on that side of town.

I kept watching my mirror, mainly out of total amazement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top