Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:49:28 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone got experience in building these things. Im thinking about putting one together. If you got expereince with any company thats good or bad it would be great. If there a local place in washington/oregon that i should look into.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone got experience in building these things. Im thinking about putting one together. If you got expereince with any company thats good or bad it would be great. If there a local place in washington/oregon that i should look into.

Coyote Gulch Armory does good work with FAL and AK kits, I don't know if they do HK kits at all.  You can also check Florida Gun Works  Some good info on parts, etc for HKs.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
it prolly cheaper to buy a JLD PTR91 than build one yourself. I have real HK91's as well as a PTR91, the PTR is a very nice gun for the money

also, word is, stay far away from Florida Gun Works
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Noted....but why?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
no personal experence, but thats the word on the HK forums. search HKpro for info

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noted....but why?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
So its cheaper to buy one then actually build it. Does JLD PTR91 come in different verison?? Way i want to set it up is going to cost me anyways. Thinking about putting a telestocks on it which seems hard to find someone who manafactors one with it so i just be wasting coin on another stock imo. BUt who knows might be cheaper by prefab one. link
not bad looking one here-but little higher then i wanted to spend

Quoted:
it prolly cheaper to buy a JLD PTR91 than build one yourself. I have real HK91's as well as a PTR91, the PTR is a very nice gun for the money

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#6]
yes the PTR comes in many versions. I have the K(Kurtz, 16" barrel) version with the A3 stock.

basic PTR91 will be around $700-800.

the A3 stock looks cool, but not as nice to shoot as the A2.  there were some deals on A3's recently, $140 for new or close to new stocks.

I may sell mine, now that I have the real deals, but I may keep it for a trunk gun.

Quoted:
So its cheaper to buy one then actually build it. Does JLD PTR91 come in different verison?? Way i want to set it up is going to cost me anyways. Thinking about putting a telestocks on it which seems hard to find someone who manafactors one with it so i just be wasting coin on another stock imo. BUt who knows might be cheaper by prefab one. link
not bad looking one here-but little higher then i wanted to spend

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the PTR-91K and you will have a dream machine, light weight and superior accurate shooting. The curent PTR is so damm good I am ready to dump my STG58 in the EE.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree!

so you know, the current PTR 91-k's ship with the "tactical" forend, the HK33 forend is much nicer(which is what I swaped out to) Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland had good prices on them, thats where I got mine

tell ya though, my favorite HK long gun currenty is my HK93, that is just a damn fine gun and super accurate, I don't even shoot my Bushmaster M4 anymore

if you want to shoot any of them, just get ahold of me.

John

Quoted:
Buy the PTR-91K and you will have a dream machine, light weight and superior accurate shooting. The curent PTR is so damm good I am ready to dump my STG58 in the EE.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#9]

The curent PTR is so damm good I am ready to dump my STG58 in the EE.

IM sent
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Florida Gun Works has a long history of fraud with their parts kits. I have personally talked to 3 people who ordered an "in stock" kit only to have their money taken from their account and nothing delivered. There are much better people out there to do business with
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Another vote for the PTR-91 I have both the standerd model and a KP. The A3 stock as Lp said is not as nice to shoot but it sure is nice to be able carry a MBR around in a carbine case.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#12]
dam that is pretty.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Years ago before the assault weapon ban back in 1986 i had the HK93 and a dozen on so 40rd. mags and the gun was sweet and then came the opertunity to trade for a FNC para and like a dumb shit i traded the gun for even money.  After two broken fire pins and lots of pissy frustration the FNC went south for a new Colt HBAR with the "Z" coat. Now that was a trick AR15.    
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Another vote for the PTR-91 I have both the standerd model and a KP. The A3 stock as Lp said is not as nice to shoot but it sure is nice to be able carry a MBR around in a carbine case.  

xs52.xs.to/pics/05432/Clones.jpg

Ok, so how much of a pain and expense is it to change between the fixed and the A3 stocks, as in "I feel like shooting the 91 a lot this weekend so I'll swtich the stocks out".

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#15]
if your REALLY slow.........maybe 1min, its just 2 puch pins that hold the stock on. I often swap them out at the range. You can take the dang 91 apart(field strip)in about 30 seconds more than taking the stock off.

fixed(A2) stocks are less than $100, the A3 stock run $300-400 new but there have been some great deals in the last few months, I have bought 2 new old stock(surplus I suspect)  one at $139, other $215

Today I changed my stock trigger pack for the PSG-1 sniper pack, took about 2 mins......as i had to get the trigger shoe on ) and that same prigger pack will swap into my PTR91, HK 93, the 94 and SP89 with just a chage of the ejector(I think)

scopes, with the HK claw mount, you can pop the scope on and off in seconds.........holds perfect zero. Also found out that even between my 91 and 93.......I can swap the scope as the only change is to elevation.

and a real nice thing about the HK91........mags are DIRT cheap, $1-2 a mag depending, these are mostly new mags or lightly used, not any other gun I can think of with mags that cheap......most HK(all others) run $30-70

truely a great gun.

HK93A2
HK91A2
PTR91-KA3(?)

Quoted:

Ok, so how much of a pain and expense is it to change between the fixed and the A3 stocks, as in "I feel like shooting the 91 a lot this weekend so I'll swtich the stocks out".

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:01:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That's what I thought.

91 with an A3 stock would make a nice in the truck gun.

VERY nice.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top