Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:57:50 AM EDT
Anyone going to the PRO show in Hilliard this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone going to the PRO show in Hilliard this weekend?

I'm going to hit it Saturday morning. Not expecting much, Knob Creek will probably bleed off all the good vendors, but I don't need much. Just a few pieces parts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Not going. All I'm looking for are a Glock 20C and Vector Uzi. I will probably buy both online and have shipped to the Powder Room. The internet is a wonderful thing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not going.

That just leaves more jerky and useless USA mags for me, pal!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
probably sat morning.
Nothing like a stinky gun show.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
probably sat morning.

Keep an eye out for me, I'll try to keep my malicious body odor to a minimum. I may even bathe this week sometime.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
probably sat morning.

Keep an eye out for me, I'll try to keep my malicious body odor to a minimum. I may even bathe this week sometime.

What's the point? You're walking around in manure.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Going to the Creek in about 10 min.  If my body holds up, I will do Hilliard Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there going to be any decent magazine sellers there?  What's the going rate for reliable 30-rd AR mags at a gunshow?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going Sat. morning also. Taking my nephew because he loves to look. If you see Andre Agassi in camo with a 200 pound 14 year old in camo as his shadow it will be me. We are hoping that big surplus dealer that was at Westland a couple of shows ago is there. I doubt it but we get a kick out of "crazy surplus guy" anyway.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:21:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
We are hoping that big surplus dealer that was at Westland a couple of shows ago is there. I doubt it but we get a kick out of "crazy surplus guy" anyway.

hink
I went to the Hilliard funshow Saturday morning.  A lot of the usual vendors were AWOL, but it was still a funshow.  Still got a good deal on some ammo for "The Casa de Swingset Shoot" next weekend!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I went to the Hilliard funshow Saturday morning.  A lot of the usual vendors were AWOL, but it was still a funshow.  Still got a good deal on some ammo for "The Casa de Swingset Shoot" next weekend!!!

I looked for ya Sat. morning but must have missed you. I only made a quick dash through the place, enough to buy some parts I needed but I didn't see too much. I did pick up some stuff to get a couple inoperable guns back into shape by next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I went today, Sunday.  What a waste!  Way short on vendors and a small crowd.   Why in the heck they schedule these on the same W.E. as Knob Creek I'll never know, never.  Bought absolutely nothing as most of the prices were outrageous.

After my trip to KCR Friday, Hilliard was disappointing - to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't find anything worth buying.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#14]
The PRO shows needs some new vendors, seems like same people selling same stuff.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The PRO shows needs some new vendors, seems like same people selling same stuff.

I think they need to change the venue first off. Westland is a marked improvement over the pig barn setup of Hilliard. Dirt floors does not a good gunshow make. Roberts Center is also a better choice.

Then, they need to get a schedule that's not tripping over two large shows in the region. Stupid.

They could also do something to bring more people in, promotions, guest speakers, etc. Haven't done much of that lately.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes I agree Westland is a marked improvement, butt I do not think it will last. I checked out Buckeye Outdoors, and was impressed with the friendly service. It is getting hard for any fun show dealer to beat the big bulk gun buyers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We are hoping that big surplus dealer that was at Westland a couple of shows ago is there. I doubt it but we get a kick out of "crazy surplus guy" anyway.

LOL.  I think I know who you are talking about.  That guy is pretty far out there.  At a gunshow a few months back, I overheard him talking about his alien abduction and of course it was actually the government behind the whole thing.

This can only be one of two surplus dealers in Ohio.....Red hair going gray? or Very short dark hair?

Alien abduction allways result in anal probes.........must have been real drunk out that night.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:51:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Micky Mouse...saw you at the Creek....was busy with a customer.You got away before I could harass you.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hink
I went to the Hilliard funshow Saturday morning.  A lot of the usual vendors were AWOL, but it was still a funshow.  Still got a good deal on some ammo for "The Casa de Swingset Shoot" next weekend!!!hr

This can only be one of two surplus dealers in Ohio.....Red hair going gray? or Very short dark hair?

Alien abduction allways result in anal probes.........must have been real drunk out that night.hr

Short dark hair.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  I think I know who you are talking about.  That guy is pretty far out there.  At a gunshow a few months back, I overheard him talking about his alien abduction and of course it was actually the government behind the whole thing.

Alien abduction allways result in anal probes.........must have been real drunk out that night.

Short dark hair.

That guy is a loon.  Total nutcase.  I always hurry past his tables.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You really wanna see him wind up, start him on the child abuse allegations agains the Catholic church.

Woohoo!!  Hold on tight man!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I have been telling my nephew to get some "seal skins" for his jungle boots. If there is water he will step in it. "Crazy" had some for $15. He told us how he wore them once underwater for 72 hours straight and not a drop came through. My nephew said "wow that's 3 days." I told him it was the chip the government planted in his head. They sent out a signal and sent him on a special opps missions.

He ended up buying Gore-Tex gaiters for $9 instead.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes I agree Westland is a marked improvement, butt I do not think it will last. I checked out Buckeye Outdoors, and was impressed with the friendly service. It is getting hard for any fun show dealer to beat the big bulk gun buyers.

Personally, I dont go to these shows for the guns on the tables. I go for ammo and the guns that are on people's shoulders or in their hands.

Oh yeah, and the beef/deer/elk/buffalo jerky!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#24]
omg the crazy surplus guy.. friend of mine and myself bought that fake marpat camo from him saturday.. he told us it was made to crawl up to enemy positions and get within 10 yds of them. he then went on about the differnt socks he had to offer and who made them...i was laughing and my friend who was at his first gun show looked scare as shit of him.....that dude is off the hook
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top