Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2003 10:06:42 AM EDT
Gainesville Target Range will be holding an NRA approved High Power Rifle match on December 6, 2003 for those wishing to get familiar with competitive high-power rifle match shooting.  The match will begin promptly at 9am and runs usually no later than 1pm.

We shoot the national match course of fire, which totals 50 rounds, but bring extra.  Shooting this match does fulfill the CMP requirement for competition, so, when you shoot the match, just join a CMP affiliated club and you can order a Garand from the CMP (www.odcmp.com).

The match is open to the public.  For directions and range info, go to www.gainesvilletargetrange.com and go to the Current Events section.  Cost is $10 per relay for GTRI members, $15 for guests and non-members.  The tiny amount of $ we make off the match goes to pay for landscaping and GTRI imrovements.

This is a very casual, no prizes match, designed to allow shooters who are fairly new to HP rifle shooting to shoot a low-pressure match before moving on to bigger things.  The match uses scaled targets to simulate shooting at ranges from 200 yards to 600 yards.

If you need more info, please e-mail me at [email protected].
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The only problem is that you hold them the same weekend I have reserves...and the no transition from standing to position.

Dan
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about the bad timing, the next matches will be February 7, 2004 and April 3, 2004.

As for the transition to the shooting positions, I am now letting experienced shooters do this, if they choose.  I encourage new shooters to opt out the first time, though, at their discretion.

I hope you will come join us in future shoots!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
They don't work either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top