Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:26:47 PM EDT
I’m sure many of you guys here went to the gun show in Hickory today. I'm presently working night shift but I did manage to drag my ass outta bed and get over there for the last hour before I went to work.

The thing I just didn’t get is the prices! Many of the dealers where WAY over priced. I know there are those dealers that are always over priced, but at least they are consistent. One dealer I noted has several "pre-ban" Colts that have had the same price on the for over two years. You'd think he'd catch on.

But what gets me are the "AR" dealers. Those guys from Spruce Pine, Freedom Enterprises I believe it is, are just NUTS! NUTS, I TELL YOU! NUTS! Stag lower with lower parts kit - $209? Anyone else think that’s a bit high?

I mean you can order Stag lowers for about $90. A Bushmaster lower parts kit from Bushmaster is $65 (no telling how much cheaper its from a dealer). Shipping on both and transfer fee wouldn’t come up to $209. Now, I'm not going to count labor in the price cuz I dont think dealers should charge for putting lowers together, mainly cuz I was looking for stripped lowers and I didn’t ask'em to put it together. O yeah, don’t forget sales tax!

At the end of the day, seems it would be cheaper to drive down to Title 2 and buy 3 and put'em together than to buy 3 already put together.

I think I'm gonna do my shop'n online for AR related stuff, I'll go to the gun shows mainly for the "boner factor".
Top Top