Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 9:02:23 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone in the Hickory area was looking at the Mountain House food group buy going on in the survival forum EE. I'd be interested in combining orders to get the free freight since I can't swing the $500 to get it by myself.

Hey tall, daylight deprived one! This okay to ask here? If not no prob....

F3
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
FFF - how much are you planning on purchasing?  I will be buying some (haven't decided how much $$ yet) but I live in the Thomasville/Lexington area.  If it adds up to $500+ and you are willing to come get your portion, I would consider making the entire purchase and then selling you your order.  This might only make sense if you have reason to travel this way, otherwise your time and gas may be worth more then the shipping fees saved.

LMK,
Brian
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I was about to say I was in. But then I checked the thread again and realized I won't have any "extra" money before the date money's due.

I'll have to get in on the next one.

I'm in Gastonia so I'm just "down the road" from Hickory.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
FFF - how much are you planning on purchasing?  I will be buying some (haven't decided how much $$ yet) but I live in the Thomasville/Lexington area.  If it adds up to $500+ and you are willing to come get your portion, I would consider making the entire purchase and then selling you your order.  This might only make sense if you have reason to travel this way, otherwise your time and gas may be worth more then the shipping fees saved.

LMK,
Brian

Brian, I really appreciate the offer, but as you said, the drive would eat up the savings. I'm going to check and see if I can get a close estimate on shipping a few cases.  I may just wait till the next buy also. I did get in on the last buy and now I'm hooked.  They need to make it taste worse so you're not tempted to eat it when ya don't have to!  

F3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top